Board Install

Guest jucs

For the first time, ever....

This installer stinks. I have NEVER had an issue in years. Simply ran it. And, it totally crashed and now I am in limbo. Yes, I did a ticket.

It says something when I have been around for YEARS and never had an issue until now.

I am not happy -- an understatement!

:unsure:

Running a quote "automaic" script is not hard. I've been doing Matt upgrades by myself since he first put out Ikonboard in it's first versions. ;)

NEVER an issue. Until now.

To be fair that speaks volumes in favour of Matt's programming. Statistically the longer you run a board and the more upgrades you run, you'll hit a bit of a bend in the road sooner or later, in your case much later!

What error are you getting?

To be fair that speaks volumes in favour of Matt's programming. Statistically the longer you run a board and the more upgrades you run, you'll hit a bit of a bend in the road sooner or later, in your case much later!

What error are you getting?

One could also draw the conclusion the other direction. That this "upgrade" has issues compared to the other data points. ;)

We've run dozens of upgrades without issue....as such I can only conclude that your issues are localized.

If you believe you've found a bug, specifically, report it to the bug tracker - however if it's just a matter of support, the ticketing system is the best place.

I'll leave the topic open for now, just in case anyone has anything valuable to add - simply stating "it stinks" isn't very productive feedback though, I hope you'll agree. ;)

Brandon, don't want to seem out of line here, but feedback is feedback - just because you don't like it or it isn't constructive doesn't mean it's not valid. You may want to remember you're talking to paying customers here, how would you like it if you went to a restaurant, the food was cold , you complained and they said they didn't want to listen as you hadn't given them constructive criticism?

If I said the food "is garbage" it's not very constructive. Stating the food is "cold" is - it tells them specifically the problem that should be rectified (the temperature).

Likewise, I've left this topic open in case someone has specific constructive feedback to add. Simply stating "it stinks", however, is not something we can or will act upon. :)

Does that clarify it a bit better?

Archived