IPB v2.2 and eAccelerator 0.95?

Guest backdream

The eAccelerator 0.95 release, I notice this feature:
<LI>The shared memory functions, session handler and content cache are disabled by default now. They are only used by a small amount of users and they could allow local users to fill up the memory, if they aren't secured properly.
Does the IPB v2.2's EA plugin use content cache? Are we need open the options when make it?

To really make use of eaccelerator plugin, you need to be able to access the shared memory, yes. Specifically, you need to be able to utilize the eaccelerator_put, eaccelerator_get, and eaccelerator_remove functions.

Seems I must use --with-eaccelerator-shared-memory configure when compile EA 0.95...

--with-eaccelerator-shared-memory

To really make use of eaccelerator plugin, you need to be able to access the shared memory, yes. Specifically, you need to be able to utilize the eaccelerator_put, eaccelerator_get, and eaccelerator_remove functions.

How do I know if those functions are enabled in eacceleartor?

Going to bump this as I'd like more information as well.

How do we know if those functions are available to eAccelerator? If compiling ourselves, are the 3 compilation options backdream posted above sufficient? Shouldn't some error be produced if these functions aren't available to eAccelerator? To let the admin know that IPB cannot use it, and to remove the line from conf_global. Sounds like a lot of the functions in EA that IPB needs are disabled by default.

Going to bump this as I'd like more information as well.

How do we know if those functions are available to eAccelerator? If compiling ourselves, are the 3 compilation options backdream posted above sufficient? Shouldn't some error be produced if these functions aren't available to eAccelerator? To let the admin know that IPB cannot use it, and to remove the line from conf_global. Sounds like a lot of the functions in EA that IPB needs are disabled by default.

If IPB cannot make use of eaccelerator, it simply won't be used. In order to show an error, it would have to be popped up on the page or something, and I don't think that's reasonable. Likewise, conf_global.php doesn't need to be writable, so I don't want to attempt to remove the line either.

{            $this->crashed = 1;            return FALSE;        }

if( !function_exists('eaccelerator_get') )

I can't confirm what all compile options you need - I know you don't need the sessions (IPB doesn't use the eaccelerator sessions api)
I know you need this option "--with-eaccelerator-shared-memory " as that's what IPB is doing (you can read the description and see).

But the text is copy to the RTE editor but not standard editor, RTE editor must convert

to BBcode [ul ][* ][/ul ] I think.

It can only do it if the <ul> or <ol> tag was copied in as well :)

(Though apparently it automatically did it for this reply, so this might be a moot point)

Archived