My Friends

Guest .Cameron

Either that, or integrated in with the 'Friends' tab on the profile. It confuses me that it is isn't in there. :s

Edit: Afterall, you manage comments under the "Comments" tab of your profile. Why not handle friends in the same way?

• Management

The reason it's a pop-up window is so you can leave it open while you browse the board and it'll auto-refresh every minute or so to update the list (especially handy if you've set it to show only those online).

Making it a DHTML window will lose that functionality.

Edit: Afterall, you manage comments under the "Comments" tab of your profile. Why not handle friends in the same way?

Friends pending approval appear in the Friends tab with a different background color.

Some people block pop-ups. I had that issue back in 2.0 days when many of my users reported to me that My Assistant wasn't working because they had pop-up blockers that block it. I most welcomed the new DHTML version as it gets around such pop-up blocker settings. Personally the friends list is a "myspace feature" and really useless for me on my board, I hope there is a way to just disable the whole thing. If not it will just be one more reason against me wanting to upgrade my main site to 2.2 when that time comes.

Archived