This new Text Editor

Guest Petrescu

I don't like it at all.

Is there any possibility I can use the old one if I decide on upgrading? I prefer when there are a selection of emoticons just to the left of where we enter text. The text box is FAR to wide.

Insert special item? No. I prefer the images, I like what I'm used to and I think this is a backward step.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its colorful but WHY WHY WHY on earth options are at two extreme ends?
it means i have to move my mouse from one side completely to another for the options.

editor is looking good but what is the justification for the organization of the options?

1) The options are located at left most and right most. I don't think thats very user friendly.
2) Scrolling bars on the smilies? First its a tiny little popup and we have to scroll even there? The only solution I can think of is if you allow only 4 or 5 emoticons in your board!

its colorful but WHY WHY WHY on earth options are at two extreme ends?

it means i have to move my mouse from one side completely to another for the options.

editor is looking good but what is the justification for the organization of the options?

you did also have to do that in the old style

Adding one of my replies in another topic here to keep things in one place:

1. I agree, I liked the old way of dislaying some smileys for easy access.

2. And as many others, I agree that the width of the posting screen is just too much. Good to know that it's possible to set the width in the ACP though.

3. Yes, the 'Insert Special Item' does sound and feel confusing. In my opinion it would be much better to add a 'Aligment Options' dropdown and make buttons for the stuff in the 'Insert Special Item' dropdown. I hardly ever see people using the aligment options, while they do use linking, insert image etc very often.

I really think the number 3 would be a good thing. :)
Maybe even making it an 'Aligment & Lists' dropdown menu...

One benefit of having the emoticons to the left of the text editor is the text area is more of a realistic length, to that of topic view. You get more of an idea of how many lines you've typed before leaving a break.

It is simply FAR too wide and am considering not upgrading because how the text editor looks now. It's one of the most used features on any forum and it seems to have been totally changed for the sake of making a change. Why change something that works perfectly well, if you do then at the very least add parts to improve it.

It's been completely changed :(

I don't like the new editor at all. It looks worst then before. Why are the similes in a drop down window? Why has eveything been put into drop down menus? not everything works in drop down menus. Some of the features look good but some of them feel like they should have been in 2.1 so I'm thinking of not swtching to 2.2. I hope I will be able to use the old options for the text edtor like there will be for the profile view. Which by they way looks bad. I mean very bad looking and lot of it is too myspace... IP.Board is a message board system, not myspace.

Archived