IPS Beyond Beta Preview

Guest IPS News

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on when "alternate contacts" will be able to access IPS Beyond. Its been nearly a month since the beta was announced and at that time we were told that alternate contacts would be able to access it, yet still no access.

Thanks in advance.

Just needed to get this off my chest...

I find IPSB a bit hard to browse in all honesty, theres loads of info but it is badly structured and hard to tell when new hacks/skins have been added to the database and its a pain to have to trawl though the downloads manager to find whats been added etc..

Any chance of a latest hacks panel to show whats been uploaded lately, it works well on vbull.org.

With regards to the download manager itself, I like it BUT I think it needs the way it displays content refining as what is the need to see random screen shots for another hack or style ?

Simplicity is the name of the game on the net TBH and the whole thing seems feature packed but badly organised and in some cases to much info is on display at once.

The WIKI is fantastic, I aint got a single complaint about it and I am hoping that one day SOON you release it as a hack or an addon at a cheapo price for registered members. Excellent idea and who ever coded it needs an xmas bonus ?

Over all I think its a good idea to have a legit homegrown hack site for IPB and I know that this is a beta and things can only get better.

Well done to all involved...

Just needed to get this off my chest...

I find IPSB a bit hard to browse in all honesty, theres loads of info but it is badly structured and hard to tell when new hacks/skins have been added to the database and its a pain to have to trawl though the downloads manager to find whats been added etc..

Any chance of a latest hacks panel to show whats been uploaded lately, it works well on vbull.org.

With regards to the download manager itself, I like it BUT I think it needs the way it displays content refining as what is the need to see random screen shots for another hack or style ?

Simplicity is the name of the game on the net TBH and the whole thing seems feature packed but badly organised and in some cases to much info is on display at once.

The WIKI is fantastic, I aint got a single complaint about it and I am hoping that one day SOON you release it as a hack or an addon at a cheapo price for registered members. Excellent idea and who ever coded it needs an xmas bonus ?

Over all I think its a good idea to have a legit homegrown hack site for IPB and I know that this is a beta and things can only get better.

Well done to all involved...

Good post. :thumbsup: I agree in the sense that it is confusing to navigate and a bit unorganized (e.g. the forums structure and downloads system, that of which can always be worked on), but nonetheless it contains a wealth of information. :)

Suggestions are welcome. The overall layout and navigation of the download manager is *almost* identical to the forums. This was done on purpose so that it would be easy for [IPB] users to navigate.

What are you having trouble with exactly?

#1) The random files can be turned off in the ACP. It is only on for testing, and for display purposes for those checking out the download manager itself.

#2) You can get a list of the last 10 files submitted to the database at the following url:

http://www.ipsbeyond.com/forums/index.php?...h&code=last_ten

In the Downloads Statistics block at the bottom of the pages, there are two links to the top right of the block..

Last 10 submissions accepted
View all submissions since your last visit

We can add a block to the main site to show the last 10 submission when the main site itself is ready. More to come on that part later though.

I'm all ears on ideas and suggestions, especially (at this stage) involving usability and ease of use.

#1) The random files can be turned off in the ACP. It is only on for testing, and for display purposes for those checking out the download manager itself.

Its not that its a bad feature its just a little anoying to have screen shots of another unrelated hack on the same page as that as the hack your looking at. Does it have to be on every page of the download system ?

#2) You can get a list of the last 10 files submitted to the database at the following url:

http://www.ipsbeyond.com/forums/index.php?...h&code=last_ten

You have just answered this one yourself by suggesting a content block with a list of the last 10 submission in, maybe adding the 10 most downloaded submissions too next to it ? That would just about cover it.

I think the site is pretty well conceived and at the moment its just minor cosmetic things that need working on but as you say its a work in progess and from what I have seen so far its starting to take shape and has great potential as a leading source of hacks and related info for IPS products. Rome wasnt built in a day, it took Matt at least 2.

Like I said earlier the Wiki is fantastic and should be released as an addon, I for one would pay for it if the price was right, is just up my street and exactly what I am looking for on my own site. In fact when I saw it I went looking for it on the main IPS site as I thought it was a released product I had somehow missed inbetween IPD and IPV being announced as in pipeworks.

Merry Xmas M8 and thanks for taking the time to listen.

H

You'll find I always listen, even if I don't act on what is said. ;)

With the random files, I actually intend to turn that off. It gets a little hard to control what pages to show it on. We could just show it on category pages I suppose, and not file pages themselves, but really I believe if you are going to enable the random files you probably want them throughout the system.

On Beyond, since many of the submissions will be modifications (no screenshots) I don't think there will be much of a need for the random files block, which really works much better if you have screenshots for all your files.

You have just answered this one yourself by suggesting a content block with a list of the last 10 submission in, maybe adding the 10 most downloaded submissions too next to it ? That would just about cover it.

Do you mean this for the main site, or adding another link in the same spot as the existing one for the 10 most downloaded submissions?

*Hint: You can see the ten most downloaded submissions by doing a search, manually select all of the categories in the category selector, set the sort by to downloads (Z-A DESC) and submit. :)

As I understand it your complementing the site with a portal of some kind in the not too distant future, maybe 2 blocks on the portal containing names and links to the 10 latest hacks and skins added to the database.

A list of how many new uploads to the database since last visit would be a nice touch with a link to latest files, that way if there are more than 10 submissions to the database between visits you can see the latest 10 and have an option to view those you would otherwise possibly over look.

I hate to make comparasons but kind of like vbull.org have. Maybe have the latest skin display a thumbnail at the top of the block.

That way when people click on the site the first thing they see is whats new to the downloads database without having to do any more clicking.

Sorry this posts a bit confussing but I have drank 12 double vodkas and cant see the keyboard too well lol.. and the taxi just arrived to take me home..

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to create a username now, but my password doesn't work. We're supposed to use the same one from the client center, right? :mellow:

I'm having the same problem...I created my user name and then tried to use it with the password from the client center and it won't log me in. :(

I'm sorry to post this here but I have no other option, since I cant post at IPSBeyond anymore.

I have bought a perpetual license one year ago and just recently I recieved an invoice for another year on support. Although $30 aint that much I rarely use the ticket system, so I decided not to buy another year of support.

From this moment I have been unable to post at IPSBeyond. Does not paying for support also mean only having view rights at IPSBeyond?

Archived