Quote +/- on fast reply

Guest -Strider-

Yep :)

And there's an easy way to do it, just put a div with a unique ID around the content of each post and fetch it via dividhandle.innerHTML from the list of topics in the multi quite list. :) There could even be a button that says "paste multi-quote" for it to be optional.

And there's an easy way to do it, just put a div with a unique ID around the content of each post and fetch it via dividhandle.innerHTML from the list of topics in the multi quite list. :) There could even be a button that says "paste multi-quote" for it to be optional.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

innerHTML isn't in the DOM specs.

As has been discussed before, the mere point of "fast reply" is not having the bloat of quotes, etc. The more features get added to fast reply, the less "fast" it actually will be. Use the normal reply if you want the quote features.

innerHTML isn't in the DOM specs.

As has been discussed before, the mere point of "fast reply" is not having the bloat of quotes, etc. The more features get added to fast reply, the less "fast" it actually will be. Use the normal reply if you want the quote features.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me the point of fast reply is not having to go to another page ;)

Here is how I see Fast Reply:

1. Open box if it is not already there.
2. Type reply, adding markup as you go.*
3. Send reply.
4. Done with reply.
5. Move on to next thread.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 and 6 as necessary.

* = If you do not know necessary markup, a link to said markup should be coded into the fast reply window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why not make a mod for it then? ;)

I agree that this is a good idea btw.

The only way it would would be if you could select one quote, and reply directly to that quote by writing your response in Fast REply, and IPB automatically adds the selected quote above your post as it parses it.

However you'd not be able to edit the quote, or multi-quote.

Fast reply is for fast replies, it's not possible to do what you want without making the page reload.

I think it would be great if the new multi Quote feature worked with fast reply. Its annoying having to reply the long way if i want to quote someone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No its stupid, fast reply is just to add a fast reply not to add quotes and things like that. How can you effectively multi quote people using fast reply.

If you want to use quotes and things like that then use the proper reply button instead of being lazy.

How lazy are people getting... :rolleyes:

I was surprised when it didn't work. I thought for sure it would. It just seemed logical.

There is another site I visit all the time (running vB) that has something similar. Basically, you click the little reply button and it automatically shoots you down to the fast reply box. You don't see the quoted message in the fast reply box, but it does show up in your post when submitted.

Hey strider I like ur sig. Its cool :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only way it would would be if you could select one quote, and reply directly to that quote by writing your response in Fast REply, and IPB automatically adds the selected quote above your post as it parses it.

However you'd not be able to edit the quote, or multi-quote.

Fast reply is for fast replies, it's not possible to do what you want without making the page reload.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Javascript? the same way bbcodes work, whenever you press multiquote, the required text appears in the fast reply.

Agreed. Fast reply is exactly that, keep the bloat away! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only things I would like added to the Fast Reply are the smilies and to be able to use the alt+(code) for bold/italics/etc. That way it's a mini-express-reply box :thumbsup:

-1 Defeats the whole purpose of fast reply, whats so hard about clicking the effing Add Reply button?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How on earth is it defeating the purpose?? the purpose of Fast reply is not having to go to another page to reply, a quote function would mean even faster replying as you wouldnt have to type out the quote yourself, or go to another page :rolleyes:

Archived