How/where do I hide an APP tab from specific groups?

Adriano Faria

You can control which groups can access the application (click to turn it offline and you will be able to set who can still access it), but you can't hide the tab without removing access.

So now to hide DOWNLOADS tab from guests I have to disable the app and give access in offline mode to everybody else ?

​That's not what I want and that's not the same thing. I want to do what I can do in 3.4: I want to hide a tab from any app without put the app offline, obviously!

• 3 weeks later...

I also like to hide some tabs even though I may still have access. For instance, on one community we have IP.Blog, but it's not a section we want to promote or clutter the menu with anymore. But we still want old links to it to work and that menbers that know about it can still use the section. 

The same is true for Tracker that is installed. We don't want to have it in the main menu, it is instead a forum redirect in the feedback-section of our board. 

In 3.4 we also hide the members tab as that section doesn't provide much usefullnes for non-advanced members.

IPS often ask for examples of usage, so these are mine :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived