Topic.php and DelayedCount.php error during upgrade to latest version

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is what you would want:

<?php

\define('UPGRADE_MD5_CHECK', false);

Thank you but now I get this - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected identifier "php" in /home/heresxhx/public_html/constants.php on line 12

1 minute ago, Jamer said:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected identifier "php" in /home/heresxhx/public_html/constants.php on line 12

There should only be 3 lines. You will want to check what else you may have in that file.

Additionally, the MD5 checker should be working now so I would try again without the constants.php

6 minutes ago, Jamer said:

Thank you but now I get this - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected identifier "php" in /home/heresxhx/public_html/constants.php on line 12

Without the constants.php file this is as far as I can go with the supplied patch

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

There should only be 3 lines. You will want to check what else you may have in that file.

Additionally, the MD5 checker should be working now so I would try again without the constants.php

@Jim M I have only 2 lines in the constants - it is exactly this:

<?php

\define('UPGRADE_MD5_CHECK', false);

so 3 lines with the gap, uploaded then I get the error on line 12

Edited by Jamer

4 minutes ago, Jamer said:

so 3 lines with the gap, uploaded then I get the error on line 12

You would want to ensure you're saving as UTF8 and uploading as such via FTP. If you're still having an issue you would want to confirm with your hosting provider.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would want to ensure you're saving as UTF8 and uploading as such via FTP. If you're still having an issue you would want to confirm with your hosting provider.

@Jim M but the file is now fixed your end yes? So I can just remove the constants.php yes? 

3 minutes ago, Jamer said:

@Jim M but the file is now fixed your end yes? So I can just remove the constants.php yes? 

I have removed the constants.php file and back to this screen? Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

@Jim M and @Marc I have download your new files from my client area and re-uploaded the new files in red above using ftp. I am completely stuck as I cannot move forward with the supplied patch upgrade and currently offline. 

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue, normally the upgrade process is simple but this patch has cause these problems. 

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Edited by Jamer

I just logged in to my admin today (My board working just fine) and I saw this (Going to show 2 screenshots - I have never seen this kind of update before - just want to make sure i know what to do)

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Please let me know what to do???

Thanks

I had that. I just followed the instructions and all seems OK. I then compared the code between the two different file versions in each case. Simply looks like some code has been updated in Topic.php and DelayedCount.php.

A novel way of updating just a couple of files but it worked for me.

Same thing here as well.

I already update the files need it and the waring gone.

PS: It early morning here and I just login to ACP and found this issue, and already notify our server admin to see if we got hacked or something 🙂

I think it's an elegant way of just updating a couple of files quickly rather than doing an entire upgrade rollout for a very minor thing for most people.

They only suggestion I would have for future uses like this is to perhaps modify the wording in ACP so as not to alarm people thinking their site may have been hacked. 🙂

The alert you're seeing there is not for patching. We have a separate system for patching. What you're seeing there is for alerting you that the files there are out of date, modified, or for some reason do not match what they should. It is rightfully a big issue so should be attended to, especially, in cases that you are encountering an issue.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

The alert you're seeing there is not for patching. We have a separate system for patching. What you're seeing there is for alerting you that the files there are out of date, modified, or for some reason do not match what they should. It is rightfully a big issue so should be attended to, especially, in cases that you are encountering an issue.

The problem is that these files have been updated at some point because they're different from the 4.7.18 ZIP file I used to update my site a few weeks ago.

The files have been updated without building a new 4.7.18 version as usually happens. 🙄

19 hours ago, abobader said:

Same thing here as well.

I already update the files need it and the waring gone.

PS: It early morning here and I just login to ACP and found this issue, and already notify our server admin to see if we got hacked or something 🙂

I think we're all in the same boat. I initially thought we got hacked.

plus 20 years first time i see this warning this way... 

I have 2 modified files that I know. I always update my board first then go to modified files Themes > Edit Html/css > find the files on the tree
Then open the file then click on setting sign on the upper right-hand corner drop down has compare with default choose that and finish comparison... 

Couple more thing the file they are reported on that screenshot DelayedCount.php I did not touch that file (Did not modify that file)

Topic > YES DID

Also, my other file that i modified is not on that screenshot (WHY IT IS NOT ON THE LIST)

What is going on here????? Confusing......

13 hours ago, media said:

have 2 modified files that I know. I always update my board first then go to modified files Themes > Edit Html/css > find the files on the tree
Then open the file then click on setting sign on the upper right-hand corner drop down has compare with default choose that and finish comparison... 

Theme template modifications are not core software file modifications so would not count for what you're seeing as a part of this warning.

You would need to download the latest from the Client Area as there were modifications on our end. Typically, we release these via the patch system but this was not done in this case and we apologize for the inconvenience.

This type of warning/update should be clearly branded that it is from Invision as an unscheduled urgent update/patch.

Slip streaming files into a production release without clear source branding immediately raise the concern the site was hacked as the warning looked like a generic system error for an unauthorized file change.

These are the simple instructions to follow:

Click Fix This in your AdminCP -> Download Unmodified Files -> Extract the files on your system -> Upload files with your FTP client -> Overwrite the two files -> Click Check Again in your AdminCP

Once this is done, you will successfully be running the latest version on your community. I have done this on my community with no issues whatsoever.