Some 'Promoted Items' Stuck - OK to Delete Directly from Db?

PoC2
Go to solution Solved by PoC2,

I've a couple of 'Promoted Items' that aren't showing up in the 'Manage Promoted Items' section of my Admin Settings – so I can't delete them. Others I can but a couple seem to be stuck as they don't show up on the 'Manage' list. (Don't know why, but there you go.)

My question is:

If I delete the entries directly in the database (via table: _core_social_promote) – will it crash/cause errors on my site?

Many thanks from any who know.

We do not recommend running manual queries on your database, nor do we support it. All I can say is that if you do choose to run them, make sure you take a full backup of your environment.

If you can point me to the records which you cannot delete, we can review and see if this is a bug or manually resolve it for you.

5 minutes ago, PoC2 said:

I will send in a support request.

This is a support request 🙂 . You can simply place this in the notes section of your Access Details is if you wish to not post publicly.

Ahhh thank you. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You can simply place this in the notes section of your Access Details is if you wish to not post publicly.

I've now done this.

2 minutes ago, PoC2 said:

Ahhh thank you. 🙂

I've now done this.

Please provide a link to the items which are stuck in promotion. Unfortunately, we do not know your community like you do so will need the direct URL(s).

I just wanted to say that the Invision Community team have been extremely responsive with my issue.

I've now resolved it through their guidance and a longer term fix is in plan.

Thank you.