Incorrect key file for table 'core_modules_new'

Hello,

Manually upgrading from 4.7.16 to 4.7.17 and getting this error during the upgrade.  Couldn't find 'core_modules_new' table in database from phpmyadmin.    Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks!

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text, Page

The table has crashed or has become corrupted. You’ll want to contact your hosting provider to see if it can be repaired. Otherwise, you’ll need to restore a backup when it was not encountering this issue. 

Thanks for your reply Jim.   Unfortunately I'm hosting it in house.   I did upgrade MySQL before the Forum software upgrade.   MySQL upgrade went fine and the forum 4.7.16 version was functional without error.   After mySQL upgrade, I tried to upgrade the forum to 4.7.17 and got this error.    Reverting back to 4.7.16 forum works.    Do  you know how I can find this table from mySQLAdmin side to run a repair on it?   I did a search but couldn't find it.   

Thanks for your support.

Ok, utf8mb3 is the new alias for utf8 in recent MySQL versions.

You have to convert your database to utf8mb4 with the tool in the ACP before upgrading to the latest version.

There should be a link to the tool on the ACP > Support page. Click the link and start the conversion from there.

Alternatively, there is also a tool you can run from SSH if your database is big (GBs of data).

• 1 month later...