Unable to access ACP

Go to solution Solved by Marc,

SELECT next_run FROM `core_tasks`  LEFT JOIN `core_applications` ON core_applications.app_directory=core_tasks.app  LEFT JOIN `core_plugins` ON core_plugins.plugin_id=core_tasks.plugin WHERE core_tasks.enabled=1 AND (core_plugins.plugin_enabled=1 OR core_applications.app_enabled=1) ORDER BY next_run ASC
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'core_applications.app_directory' in 'on clause' (1054)
#0 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(388): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*ruensuite::rs...', Array, true)
#1 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(446): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(370): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/AdminNotifications/ConfigurationError.php(123): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(202): IPS\core\extensions\core\AdminNotifications\_ConfigurationError::runChecksAndSendNotifications()
#5 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(113): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->_doLogin(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#7 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/runesuit/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I think you misunderstood the question there. What I mean is was an upgrade attempt what you was doing when you started to encounter this? Has anything else been happening prior to this?

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I think you misunderstood the question there. What I mean is was an upgrade attempt what you was doing when you started to encounter this? Has anything else been happening prior to this?

The forums functions fine and no it randomly happened one day, Everything is else is functional, Mind if i send you the servers details to look at this?

If you weren't doing any upgrades or anything else in the database, then you have a problem. A big one.

The core_applications.app_directory is a required column for the software, if it's missing something went wrong somewhere. You'll most likely need to restore the last working backup you have.

3 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

If you weren't doing any upgrades or anything else in the database, then you have a problem. A big one.

The core_applications.app_directory is a required column for the software, if it's missing something went wrong somewhere. You'll most likely need to restore the last working backup you have.

everything else is functional though... O.o

Posted (edited)

That shouldn't be the case. If that column is missing nothing else should be loading.

Unless it's using the built cache and the code works because of it. If that's the case, it will break next time the cache is rebuilt, though.

Most likely you're getting that error trying to login into the ACP because the task doesn't use cached data but runs a query directly on the table (with the missing column). 🤔

Edited by teraßyte

53 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

That shouldn't be the case. If that column is missing nothing else should be loading.

Unless it's using the built cache and the code works because of it. If that's the case, it will break next time the cache is rebuilt, though.

Most likely you're getting that error trying to login into the ACP because the task doesn't use cached data but runs a query directly on the table (with the missing column). 🤔

What can I do to solve this issue w/o old backup...

If app_directory is the only column you're missing, it's possible to fix it somehow by re-adding the column in the database and manually inserting the values.

If more columns are missing, it gets much more complicated, though.

I don't think IPS's support covers this kind of situation. You can try fixing the database yourself as long as you know what you're doing, but if you have no idea you'd need to hire a 3rd party Provider to check/fix the issue for you.

However, as mentioned above, it also depends on how many columns/data are missing from the database. If it's that single column, it shouldn't be an issue, if there are more... no idea. 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Mr World said:

What can I do to solve this issue w/o old backup...

Best solution is to contact your hosting provider and see if they have a backup you can use if you do not have one.

If you're missing one column from one table and you have no idea how that happened, it could be there are more missing/corrupted.

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Best solution is to contact your hosting provider and see if they have a backup you can use if you do not have one.

If you're missing one column from one table and you have no idea how that happened, it could be there are more missing/corrupted.

Skip the backup, what other solutions do I have

3 minutes ago, Mr World said:

Skip the backup, what other solutions do I have

Unfortunately, the only other solutions available are the ones I mentioned in my post above:

17 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

You can try fixing the database yourself as long as you know what you're doing, but if you have no idea you'd need to hire a 3rd party Provider to check/fix the issue for you.

However, as mentioned above, it also depends on how many columns/data are missing from the database. If it's that single column, it shouldn't be an issue, if there are more... no idea. 🤷‍♂️

If you're interested send me a PM and I can try looking at your database and see if there's anything else going on other than that missing column.

Depending on what I find the last resort could still be restoring a backup, though.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

And for the love of everything good in the world… start keeping backups. You’re literally playing with fire by not having good/recent backups. If your website is ANYWHERE near important to you, this should be a priority for you. 

I have a daily, weekly and monthly backup system and now they all overwritten..  I got lazy and just wrote functions in PHP instead of using acp...  xD 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Before you go any further here, check the database for this column

Look at the table core_applications and check for app_directory

app_directory doesn't exist inside core_applications. 

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Mr World

Okay so now new error after I added the missing column back 

ADD COLUMN app_directory VARCHAR(250) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

UnderflowException:  (0)
#0 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/AdminNotifications/ConfigurationError.php(123): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#1 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(202): IPS\core\extensions\core\AdminNotifications\_ConfigurationError::runChecksAndSendNotifications()
#2 /home/runesuit/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(113): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->_doLogin(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#4 /home/runesuit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/runesuit/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

50 minutes ago, Mr World said:

fixed it myself 

Glad to hear you have it resolved. It would be worth investigating to see if you can see at what point the column went missing and what was happening around that point in time