Manual Update

I tried updating my forum but it says I have to do it manually. I couldn’t find a guide to running a manual update. I downloaded the update zip file. However I do not know where to place the zip file before continuing.

Auto update usually works... can’t see myself doing it the way you have suggested.

This zip has 294 items... are you really saying I have to go to each directory and do every little file one at a time?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Quotes said:

Auto update usually works... can’t see myself doing it the way you have suggested.

This zip has 294 items... are you really saying I have to go to each directory and do every little file one at a time?

Usually, you just upload from the root folder and the correct folders/files are properly overwritten. There's no need to upload every single file in its correct path/folder.

What FTP application are you using?

Edited by teraßyte

I am Mac based and use Dreamweaver for non-CMS so I haven’t used an FTP client for quite some time. Usually just drag and drop a file through admin panel. Can’t quite believe the upgrade script can’t handle a package or give an explanation as to why it wants me to do this update manually.