Sending a support request as a Authorized User or Alternative Contact never works

I manage a community for the owner, and I am listed on the account as an Alternative Contact. When I log into the site, and go to support, it says the support email must come from the following email and lists my correct email. HOWEVER every time I attempt to open a support request, I get the email stating:

Your support email was not received.

Thank you for contacting Invision Community!

Unfortunately, we could not find an active customer account or an alternative account with this email address.

- i can see the community under my account

- my email is listed as the alternate contact

- my email is listed as the email that the support request comes from

Can you guys fix this process? It would be great if you had a ticketing system like most companies, where I could submit a form, get a ticket number I can track, and see my past tickets.  As of now I have to email someone on the sales side, they forward it to a support person and THEN, days later, I get some response. Also - all your support people seem to have the same email, so I can't even email a support person who previously handled an issue for me.

It would be great if you could get this aspect sorted out.

Thanks

The account owner would need to set you up as an alternate contact for support. Currently, your account is not setup as such so this would indeed be correct as you are not authorized for support in our system. Please ensure that the account owner checks the box for support on the alternate contact setup in the Client Area. If they need assistance, please have them submit a ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

18 minutes ago, jbernard1973 said:

Also - all your support people seem to have the same email, so I can't even email a support person who previously handled an issue for me.

This would be intentional so that all contact goes through our support queue. If I am sleeping, go on vacation, or heck, get hit by a bus, you don't want to be emailing me with your issue, you want to email the support inbox so the staff member on duty can triage your issue and get it into the support process.

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The account owner would need to set you up as an alternate contact for support. Currently, your account is not setup as such so this would indeed be correct as you are not authorized for support in our system. Please ensure that the account owner checks the box for support on the alternate contact setup in the Client Area. If they need assistance, please have them submit a ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

I understand that, but when I login to the account, and view the support page, I see the attached message, which implies that I AM authorized to submit a support ticket. Otherwise why would it be there? The owner is unavailable on vacation for a month, so it is unlikely he will make any changes during that time.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

3 hours ago, jbernard1973 said:

I understand that, but when I login to the account, and view the support page, I see the attached message, which implies that I AM authorized to submit a support ticket. Otherwise why would it be there? The owner is unavailable on vacation for a month, so it is unlikely he will make any changes during that time.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

This would be an oversight on our end which is displaying this even though you don’t have support access. I will report that internally  

Im afraid, only the owner can make changes to alternate contacts.