Requiring users to complete custom fields

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi,

We have a couple of issues with custom fields (Member Settings -> Profiles) which I am hoping someone might be able to assist with 🙂

1. Field type is set to "select box", and we have added several options; however, even though the "Required" checkbox is ticked, users are still able to register without making a selection in this field (there is always a blank option)

2. Is there a way to require all users who are currently registered to add a value into this profile field the next time they sign in, even if they have already registered without selecting a value?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

regards
David

Sorry please ignore point #1 as I have sorted this one out. So I am just after a way to require users to complete a (required) profile field at next login, which happens to also be a custom profile field.

Reason being is that whilst this field is set to required, some users were created via an import process, and they have this field empty.

• Solution

You would want to use profile completion, and set a profile completion section up as required instead. So instead of forcing it on registration, you would instead be forcing it on login if its not populated. They cant do anything else at all without filling in that field