Selling member-only physical items through Shopify?

I know that physical item sales are being removed fairly soon and I'm wondering how can I link my community to Shopify so that only members who are subscribed to my community can use the Shopify store and the discounts being a member brings to them?

On 4/3/2024 at 12:24 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no stock way in which to link to that at the present time. If you are looking to do this now, then you would need 3rd party integration.

Note, this is not being remove from version 4. It will no longer exist in version 5

So is there a way to stay on version 4 once version 5 comes out? I'm on the Trial as you can see, but my role with my company is New Business Development and this could be a major source of business for us. We need to be able to sell physical products to members without it being a hassle.

Do you know if Zapier can do this Shopify link? It's unclear from their website.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 1:40 PM, Christian Fry said:

So is there a way to stay on version 4 once version 5 comes out?

Apologies, looks like we missed this. We plan to support version 4 for a period of time after version 5 comes out. We will issue security releases and minor bug fixes for version 4 in that period but we will not be issuing new features. 

In theory, on self-hosted, you could stay on version 4 indefinitely. The only thing from our end is that we would likely phase out support of version 4 at some point so you would not be able to obtain support for the software once past that. Additionally, once security patches end and the software version is past end of life, you start to run the risk of security vulnerabilities in not only the software but the underlying server components as well. 

On 4/8/2024 at 1:40 PM, Christian Fry said:

Do you know if Zapier can do this Shopify link?

Commerce is not integrated with Zapier at this time so a customization would be needed.