Geolocation Spam Prevention Not Working on IP Addresses

A user has just been caught attempting to spam my community (luckily I have approvals on new user posts so their work wasn't visible...), I flagged them as a spammer but they were able to quickly re-register a second account and start spamming again. I have blocked the IP address used (it was the same for both), but a search on that address in AdminCP states that the 'Estimated Location' was St Petersburg, Russian Federation... a location I have marked in my Geolocation Spam Prevention settings as one that requires users to be manually approved before successfully registering.

I'm not sure why Invision Community's spam prevention tool failed twice to capture this user but it's an issue for sure, and I wanted to flag it up so the tools can be tweaked to avoid this problem in the future.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Marc - I can maybe offer the IDs of the offending users and maybe we can work from there?

First offending account: 49516
Second offending account: 49518

Appreciate any insight into how they managed to slip through the net. I did notice these users have a Timezone set to 'UTC' rather than Russian Federation/Moscow/etc, maybe the AdminCP is ignoring the location of the IP address in favour of Timezone data?

Edited by Dreadknux