How about a grace period for no active license

I just logged onto my Cloud site here and found the entire news database and all my "pro" features were missing.  Basically, all the content of my site was MIA.  I logged into my admin panel and just needed to refresh the license key and everything worked perfectly fine.  

However, the problem is that this just seemed to be a simple connection issue that I normally would not find as odd by any means, but the outcome is devastating to a site as it basically means all traffic and even all of our AdSense grinds to a stop as soon as the connection issue occurs.  Not to mention all the errors it will create in Google for the content's indexing.

How about a simple 24-hour warning "Hey, your key is expired or missing and your features will soon be disabled".  This would allow any admin to log in and see what the problem is.  A delay seems like a practical solution that would safeguard my site from IPS Cloud issues that I cannot prevent on my end and would still pull features from people who simply didn't pay.  I highly doubt the number of users that would abuse it to get a free 24hrs is any reasonable number compared to the potential to damage all cloud customers.

What you encountered was abnormal, it is not the norm. In of itself, this should never happen what you encountered. On Cloud, you should never have to worry about your license key.

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

What you encountered was abnormal, it is not the norm. In of itself, this should never happen what you encountered. On Cloud, you should never have to worry about your license key.

You might want to check the log for Uncrowned Addiction as it happened today.  I know it is abnormal, but I would never expect a perfect system and this mitigation seems pretty simple.