User unable to create account error - 2S129/1

Unknown issue with Spam Defense.  Updated server (Ubuntu and Invision) on 1/26/24 and no issues with real humans creating accounts until 2/06/24.  Now when real humans try to create an account, Spam Defense log has the entry twice and qualified as a "4".

Is there a current known issue with Spam Defense?

Whitelisting is not something we want to do.  We have disabled Spam Defense for the time being.

There is something else going on that we would like to figure out.  Again, everything was fine with real humans until February 6th.  Now everyone gets qualified as a "4", no exceptions.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I am not clear on on what the issue is with our settings.  Please see PM I sent.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We will certainly open a ticket if that is required. At present however its safe to continue on the topic. I have just responded to that. 

Whitelisting would have been if it was a couple of members, which is what it originally sounded like. If its everyone, then of course thats a different issue entirely

We would need to review your settings on your community and thus need access to it. Please ensure your administrator credentials on valid so we can access:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

It looks like you're using a reverse proxy on your server as all IP addresses of users are logged as a local to your server IP rather than the actual IP address of the user. I tried enabling "Trust IP addresses provided by proxies?" but that did not help as it should so your proxy is not passing this header as most do.

You have 2 options:

1. Work with your hosting provider or server administrator to disable the reverse proxy or pass the real IP address of the user as the best practice header.
  2. Disable Spam Defense in ACP -> Members -> Spam Prevention. As IP Address is one of the parameters we use to detect a spammer, this would create problems for you if the IP address being logged is not of that the user.