[Pages] Create a blog like wordpress

Hello, i want to create a blog like a wordpress... where it's possible to create a filter by two or more fields. 

example: i want to post a tricks about games, this game run on PC, Nintendo and Xbox. I want to set this 3 options. When my visitor filter by Nintendo... will display all content inside the blog with this tag. 

I don't want to use the default tag system, because if i click... show all content... like topics, downloads etc.

You would create a database with one category only and don’t set it to “article mode”. Then you can set certain fields (like the selectbox field) as a filter and drag a filter widget on the page. 

The “articles” will only be shown in a list mode by default. You probably will not like that. 

Alternative solution: Don’t use filters and create a category for “PC“, “Nintento”, “Xbox”. Then you can have the “article mode” front page looking like a blog and users would open the categories to see the articles belonging to these topics. 

Edited by opentype

2 hours ago, opentype said:

You would create a database with one category only and don’t set it to “article mode”. Then you can set certain fields (like the selectbox field) as a filter and drag a filter widget on the page. 

The “articles” will only be shown in a list mode by default. You probably will not like that. 

Alternative solution: Don’t use filters and create a category for “PC“, “Nintento”, “Xbox”. Then you can have the “article mode” front page looking like a blog and users would open the categories to see the articles belonging to these topics. 

Thanks for your suggestion.. then it's possible... but will not be 'indexed' like i want. 

This filter type it's possible to set per category? i already have a pages with a lot of news... i want to set only on one category this rules... its possible?

1 hour ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

This filter type it's possible to set per category? i already have a pages with a lot of news... i want to set only on one category this rules... its possible?

Yes, the filter field can be set to only be active in one category (by turning it off in every other category). 

The filter widget will technically be active in every category.