Cloud infra question

I saw many times this error in the last couple of months of using CiC and at the same time, ic.com is also not available apparently due to ic.com also hosted on AWS cloud.

Could contain: Page, Text

Today it went down at 6:54 for over 32 minutes and came back a couple of times in between, even when it comes back and the loads the page intermittently, it is really really slow with more errors like

504 Gateway Timeout

or

For the whole time, status.invisioncommunity.com shows "Invision Community Platform (US)" as fully Operational at 100% even after an hour of the incident which is incorrect. Only invisioncommunity.com (web site and client area) under status page shows as having downtime (after 32 minutes of CiC going down).

If we go to the History tab and click on "Invision Community Platform (US)", it shows uptime as 100% for the last 30 days which is incorrect from the chart that shows multiple downtimes.

https://status.invisioncommunity.com/statuspage/invisioncommunity/285256?start=20240101&end=20240206

If we adjust the report from Jan 1 Feb 6, it shows 3 downtimes in the chart: Jan 9, Jan 18 and today's but the uptime shows 100%

What response time is considered as downtime? On cloud infra, is there is no failover/fallback for business continuity? I've been using other self-hosted IC forum sites all day for many years and never seen a single instance of those sites going down. But on CiC, these issues are manifest. 32 minutes of downtime is a bad UX. In Nov or Dec, it went down for over 2 hours.

Is there any way you can improve the service to failover seamlessly on CiC? As far as I know, that's one of the main advantages of cloud hosting. If it is not failing over seamlessly, it looks like a self-hosted site.

Edited by WebCMS

When I click "Start a new topic", select a forum and click Continue, it goes to

Refreshing the page re-submits but goes to the same error like a cached page because all other pages load fine.

After several tries, it works now. Looked like a related item under this topic.

We are of course constantly working to improve items on our cloud network. The issue being experienced here, is unfortunately the result of an attack on the network which we are actively fine tuning to mitigate. At point point we were blocking 80 million requests, to put in context of the level we have been dealing with. 

10 hours ago, WebCMS said:

I saw many times this error in the last couple of months of using CiC and at the same time, ic.com is also not available apparently due to ic.com also hosted on AWS cloud.

Unfortunately I've had the same experience, which I've documented in the following topic: 

It seems like network attacks (and subsequent downtime and server errors) have become a recurring issue with Invision Community's cloud services, often unreported on their https://status.invisioncommunity.com/ page.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Team,

Any update on this issue? Our site has been too slow today and running into errors even for choosing a forum or theme from the popups

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: YEgo2WjZpOF9gzwwSGgS1rxw-agCEQoBpta400ZyXcTv6wLYT_ZZWw==

It's not giving errors or slowing down all the time but got a few error pages and slowdowns today.

While saving pages and assigning tags to content, it was taking too long since last night. I had to refresh the page as tag assignments were not finishing, taking too long and refreshing page would fail to complete the process of tag assignments needing to redo it.

Not sure how this can be resolved because by the time we report it and you look into it, the issue subsides and the whole time, the status.ic.com shows uptime of 100% and it's not clear which of the servers in the cloud were having downtimes to affect our site.

8 hours ago, WebCMS said:

Not sure how this can be resolved because by the time we report it and you look into it, the issue subsides and the whole time, the status.ic.com shows uptime of 100% and it's not clear which of the servers in the cloud were having downtimes to affect our site.

It will, as that particular message means you have been blocked by the server for some reason. So your site itself is not actually down. If it happens again, please log exactly what you were doing at that point, and the exact time, along with what your IP is at that time. I can then pass that on to see if there is anything we can gain from that information

Was just posting a comment on an existing topic and got this repeatedly.

You could see the details in the error log.

Sending my IP addresses through PM.

Please advise...

The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error:

403 ERROR

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Request ID: 9yETSJ-rqmX6f3GQ_UvD6F83Wjc6X_EJhrcPUc-YMV8bhWzllTlUAg==

Posted (edited)

Now I click Create Event > Select Calendar > Continue -> hourglass forever.

It works until the Create > Event > Select Calendar... fine but when clicked on Continue, it hangs. Tried multiple times.

After struggling for a long time and getting nowhere, it works now but slow to load. After submitting the event, it took a long time to come back.

PM'ed IP.

Happened again yesterday

This community is temporarily unavailable

Please wait a few minutes and try again.

Edited by WebCMS

Another error just now while editing an event:

IP PM'ed.

403 ERROR

Request ID: lV--y1z764eyZvPiUwpa7AfrRMUPVDqPd6zjMXoCAt8WMkZ1uBkm5w==