Integrate calendar into commerce for paid events

Integrate calendar into commerce for paid events

Can you give yourself the opportunity to make participation in an event chargeable? this would go much further than a simple physical event, it would make it possible to pay for coaching, sell lesson hours...

If I sell hours of support or hours of lessons, the member must not simply purchase an hour of lessons, but an hour of lessons on a specific day, at a specific time slot.

it would be too tedious if we let each purchased member have an hour and then have to discuss with them to find the right time slot, the right day...

This could be useful to us.  We sell attendance to events as a product, but there's no linkage between the event and the product.  In our case, we have just 9 or so events over a three-month period, so it's doable to set up the 9 products.  If one could purchase a place at the event it would be more attractive and manageable.  Even if you could just tie indicating attendance at an event to purchase, that would help us (but probably not the original poster).

13 minutes ago, NSPN said:

This could be useful to us.  We sell attendance to events as a product, but there's no linkage between the event and the product.  In our case, we have just 9 or so events over a three-month period, so it's doable to set up the 9 products.  If one could purchase a place at the event it would be more attractive and manageable.  Even if you could just tie indicating attendance at an event to purchase, that would help us (but probably not the original poster).

A venue would need to be defined as allowing a certain number of tickets in a timeslot too, basically becoming an inventory item, which I think Commerce is doing away with.

We define our product as a normal product but not a physical product.  We then can set a stock level to limit the number attending.  It's physical products (things to be shipped) that are being deprecated, so it seems we should still be OK.

I would like to emphasize the importance of integrating an active calendar in the development of the forum. It is crucial to understand that IPS evolves beyond a simple discussion platform. It is now necessary to offer a complete service, beneficial for both communities and each individual member.

To reinforce this evolution, I request the implementation of a calendar that allows each member to offer their services, such as support or maintenance sessions, directly on the platform. This will contribute to enhancing the service aspect of our offer.

I am aware that some features may be beyond your direct reach. In such cases, I encourage the integration of third-party applications, despite the potential additional cost due to per-user pricing. It is important to note that one of the major advantages of IPS is its ability to support an unlimited number of users without additional fees.

Maybe what we could do for the moment to correct me if I'm wrong is to limit an event to a single person with a payment link in the event message.

If he does not pay within 24 hours, he will be removed from participation.

even if the members like things to be automated, you click you are automatically on the payment page, the payment is valid you receive a message that your appointment has been validated which removes your doubts has the payment been validated and my reserved place..