Problem with Google Authenticator

Hi there!

Yesterday I installed latest IPS from scratch and successfully enabled 2FA with Google Authenticator app for my account. Today I can't login from a new device, it's just endless circle 🙂
Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by Safety1st

Endless request for a new code 🙂

I found out the circumstances for what happening: it happens when client uses private IP:

Logged in from a new device but did not complete two-factor authentication: Edge 121.0.0.0 on Windows.
1 hour ago   10.1.140.205

It is used when a user connects from inside the hosting network (using VPN). From outside 2FA works well.

Edited by Safety1st

1 hour ago, Safety1st said:

VPN does not have access to Internet at all. If 2FA couldn't work due to such issue may be add an option in ACP settings to bypass 2FA if private IP is used?

You're more than welcome to suggest this in our Feedback section but I personally find that to be a security loophole. 

For some reason 2FA works at least from time to time from private IPs 🙂 Yesterday my colleague successfully enabled 2FA after promoting to Administrator, today I was able to pass 2FA check…

Then it sounds like something in your network routing might be impacting things.  The IPB software obviously did not change.  However it could be something like the order in which you connected to the VPN, or if the VPN uses split tunnel vs full tunnel, or if a default route is defined in an odd manner.