IPS Community Suite 3.4

Hi everyone,

Back in 2005 (yes, 2005) I had an online community using IPB but ended up closing it. I purchased a license for IPS Community Suite that apparently expired in 2016 (it was actually a "lifetime" license). It's been a long time and I've forgotten a lot of things but I am now interested in re-starting a new community using the same license as I have already paid for it. I was informed by customer service that my license only covers IPS 3.4 and earlier, which I understand, but I cannot find where to download this software. Can anyone direct me as to where I can? Thansk

You would not be able to download the software as we do not supply anything but the latest release. The license entitles you run the software but, I'm afraid, we are not going to provide an out of support software for download.

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would not be able to download the software as we do not supply anything but the latest release. The license entitles you run the software but, I'm afraid, we are not going to provide an out of support software for download.

So basically I'd have to "find it online" 🤐

19 minutes ago, Idolized09 said:

So basically I'd have to "find it online" 🤐

The best and recommended path would be to upgrade your license so you can start your community on the latest release. Which is not only more secure, modern, and stable in the sense of the software itself but likely going to be hard to find the insecure requirements to run PHP 5.6 and other corresponding server technology, which is out of support itself. 

If you do go by finding it online, please note that is not legal, even if you have a license, as that is piracy. Not only is that illegal but pirated copies of software also have back doors, trojans, viruses, and the alike which will compromise your server, community, data, etc... causing more harm than good.

The only legal way to run the software would be if you had a backup of the files on your system. Otherwise, you need to upgrade your license and start your community on the latest release if you do not. If you have any questions on upgrading, please submit a contact request and we can help you.

• Jim M locked this topic