Anonymous comments to be "reactable"

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

Thanks for the reply @teraßyte however we're not talking about the anonymous poster being able to react to posts, we're talking about normal everyday users being able to react to an anonymous post. 

I.e. if an anonymous poster post a post or reply, we are looking for our normal public (non-anonymous) users to have the ability to be able to react to that post or reply.

That shouldn't give away the identity of the anonymous poster, would it?

(I'm assuming the original anonymous poster wouldn't get reputation points if someone did react since the post is anonymous)

Edited by Nigel Moore

• Solution

With the way it works now when someone likes a content you post (topic, post, file, image, etc), it shows up in your profile's activity, and you can also look up all the reputation a user has received in their profile.

For example, if you look at my profile right now, you'll see this item in it:

[REACTION ICON] JohnCourt reacted to a post in a topic: Resource Limits Are Exceeded 503   Monday at 07:00 AM

A list of reputations given and received is also available on this page: https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/145950-teraßyte/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

If you follow a link from there, and the post is anonymous, you'll be able to figure out who made the post.

1 hour ago, Nigel Moore said:

(I'm assuming the original anonymous poster wouldn't get reputation points if someone did react since the post is anonymous)

It doesn't work like this right now, it's a function that IPS would need to implement in the framework. I guess you can ask for this topic moved to the Feedback forum instead.

And no, it's not possible to create a custom modification to change this behavior, either. Because of the way reputation is currently implemented (traits), it's not possible to overload/extend the necessary code.