Bug: Accepting guest cookies on a website with Discovery as homepage leads to empty page

opentype
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

I’ve reported this already in September in a reply, but it might not have gotten attention this way. 

Steps to reproduce:

• visit an Invision Community website with Discovery as the homepage (like the one I link with this topic) and stay on the homepage
  • delete all stored cookies if there are any
  • Reload the page so the cookie bar appears on the homepage. 
  • Click Accept Cookies
  • Result: Cookies get saved but the activity feed is removed and a page with an empty body is loaded (see screenshot)

I can consistently replicate this on all my communities with Discovery as the homepage. It only happens for the root page “/”, not “/discover/6/" or anything like that. The browser doesn’t matter. It does not happen on a website where Forums or Pages is set as default app. The URL looks like this index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=cookies&do=cookieConsentToggle&ref=aH…
So, it seems to fail to forward the user to the previous page because no “page” is detected. 

Could contain: Page, Text, White Board, File

It would be nice to have a fix in the 4.x line. After all, the homepage is the most typical place where people will accept the cookie bar and presenting them with an empty page is not a very good start to keep people on the site. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

This issue has been resolved in the recently released 4.7.15 version. Please update your site if you are still experiencing the issue, and let us know if you see any reoccurrence.