[Pages] Editing database templates

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

This function is unfortunately flawed in Invision Community 4.x. You should never touch the original templates and instead create a custom version first. Of course that is of little help if you already changed the stock templates. It really needs a revert button. Maybe in 5.x?

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We look forward to further assisting you.

I can set up access for you, but our admin is behind VPN. I have to forward it to our technicians how to give you access.

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

This function is unfortunately flawed in Invision Community 4.x. You should never touch the original templates and instead create a custom version first.

I edited Pages templates, I am not sure, if there is option to create custom version.

I have two independent boards on two different servers. The same version (well, one is 4.7.13) but different options:

One (untouched template has inactive (logically) Revert button:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

But second (some templates were edited, but there is option only Delete not Revert):

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Before any editing I backed up all changes (and of course I can copy the original code from the first forum, but I would still like to know what the problem is that practically two identical forums have different options).

23 minutes ago, opentype said:

This function is unfortunately flawed in Invision Community 4.x. You should never touch the original templates and instead create a custom version first. Of course that is of little help if you already changed the stock templates. It really needs a revert button. Maybe in 5.x?

It actually should have. Are there specific scenarios in which you are coming across this?

1 hour ago, ExoTech said:

I edited Pages templates, I am not sure, if there is option to create custom version.

It’s on your screenshot. You click the ‘New button’ under the stock templates and then choose a type. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It actually should have. Are there specific scenarios in which you are coming across this?

Here is an older topic where I reported these problems: 
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/465169-pages-templates-“revert”-button/

The labelling of the buttons is now better, but there is still no way to revert Pages templates like theme templates. 

14 hours ago, opentype said:

You click the ‘New button’ under the stock templates and then choose a type.

Ah yes, thanks, I can try this way.

14 hours ago, opentype said:

Here is an older topic where I reported these problems: 
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/465169-pages-templates-“revert”-button/

The labelling of the buttons is now better, but there is still no way to revert Pages templates like theme templates. 

Yes, I think we are talking about the same issue. We need Revert, not Delete.