Accept Terms persistent page redirection

I added Terms content to the Terms & Privacy page in AdminCP and now it redirects the users to Accept Terms page right after login and there is no way to get out of it unless the Accept button is clicked. Even if I try to surf to /logout page, it does not log out but stays on the Terms page. Where is the setting to turn OFF the "Force users to accept Terms" that redirects new users to terms page after login?

I added {terms} to the Text to Show for Guests and it displays the Terms notification with Accept button in the footer nicely and non-intrusively as expected. It is ideal to display the Terms with Accept button in the footer similarly for ALL logged-in users like it does for guests. Once the Accept button is clicked, it should never display it again.

It seems like a glitch as there is no way to not redirect new users to terms page after login and forcing them to accept the terms. No other site redirects users to terms page forcing them to Accept the terms right after login intrusively which is a bad UX. Terms notification bar could be displayed in the footer like it does for guests.

This are the issues -

• When a new user logs in, he is getting redirected to the Accept Terms page (happening to every new user). Once he accepts the terms, the page does not display again.
  • When I save the terms, it goes to another page saying I changed the terms/privacy, "Force members to accept the new registration terms?". Even if I select the NO radio button and save, it still redirects NEW members to Terms page with Accept button after login.

How can I undo this redirecting of new users to terms page after login?

TIA

How do you define “new user”? A recently created account or an account created AFTER the terms were changed. The latter should certainly not be forced on an acceptance page again. They already accept the terms during registration. 

But once you force an acceptance after a change of the terms, all existent users will have to accept the terms. That would be working as intended. It also doesn’t matter that you try to save the terms again and this time don’t choose that option. You still have the pending acceptance from the first time. This has nothing to do with UX choices. It’s a legal requirement. The Terms of Service are a legally binding agreement and substantial changes need to be agreed upon. You can’t just make silent changes. That is why this intrusive process is necessary. 

On 10/16/2023 at 4:39 AM, opentype said:

How do you define “new user”? A recently created account or an account created AFTER the terms were changed. The latter should certainly not be forced on an acceptance page again. They already accept the terms during registration. 

But once you force an acceptance after a change of the terms, all existent users will have to accept the terms. That would be working as intended. It also doesn’t matter that you try to save the terms again and this time don’t choose that option. You still have the pending acceptance from the first time. This has nothing to do with UX choices. It’s a legal requirement. The Terms of Service are a legally binding agreement and substantial changes need to be agreed upon. You can’t just make silent changes. That is why this intrusive process is necessary. 

The user accounts I'm using to test were created sometime back but the Terms were implemented recently. I guess that explains. I'll do some additional testing with brand new user accounts and revert back if needed.