[Suggestion] Allow integreation for stripe subscriptions

On 10/5/2023 at 10:22 PM, David8888 said:

Hi there,

Invision Community doesn't use stripe subscriptions and its very annoying for me personally since we primarily use it for our site and its were most of our income comes from. There so many customers and if it were to use the Stripe Subscription System it would be much easier. 

I think subscriptions are managed because subscriptions is because Commerce facilitates the renewal process and created “invoices”. For our use case this is actually a good thing since because the invoices are tied to fields and information we need that can’t (or couldn’t) easily be created on the Stripe side (though that could have changed). 

I think if Stripe managed the subscriptions and renewals IPS would have to call the Stripe API and pull data in order to synchronize invoices. Could be wrong though. 

• 4 months later...

No. IPB would not be aware of payments made outside of its software by default.  You would need to cancel the existing stripe subscription and setup/store payment info within IPB. 

Otherwise you could work with a 3rd party developer to create some sort of bridge that could check the status of a stripe subscription and promote/demote users. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

9 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

No. IPB would not be aware of payments made outside of its software by default.  You would need to cancel the existing stripe subscription and setup/store payment info within IPB. 

Otherwise you could work with a 3rd party developer to create some sort of bridge that could check the status of a stripe subscription and promote/demote users. 

Thanks for the response, that's what I was worried about. Bad news for me because my consultant said otherwise. I have 600 members in Stripe and am now faced with transitioning them over to Invision.

14 hours ago, Nemechek Navigator said:

Regarding subscriptions, it there any way a user can be given a discount code?

Coupon codes can be used for subscriptions but only for the first payment, I believe.