Site down - 500 error

I help a non profit run a site and I guess it went down "a week or two ago", so not sure how long exactly.  To my knowledge, nothing has been updated/changed.  Initially I checked with the hosting provider but they are good and said looks like an issue with the theme and provided this:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\Member')
#1 /home/website123/public_html/main/system/Theme/Theme.php(340): spl_autoload_call('IPS\\Member')
#2 /home/website123/public_html/main/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme::i()
#3 /home/website123/public_html/main/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(761): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#4 /home/website123/public_html/main/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(76): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss()
#5 /home/website123/public_html/main/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#6 /home/website123/public_html/main/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#7 {main}
#0 /home/website123/public_html/main/init.php(1038): IPS\_Log::log('ParseError: syn...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(ParseError))

The error when trying to get to the site is as follows:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.
You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

59 minutes ago, INDMAS said:

An error occurred (500 Error)

This type of error is almost always server related. 

1 hour ago, INDMAS said:

To my knowledge, nothing has been updated/changed.

If no changes have been made, then the php compatibility issues should be ruled out, otherwise it would have thrown the error earlier. That is, if really no changes have been made such as installing a third party app, theme and/or other changes. 

What is your forum version and what php version are you on?

Seems like an attempt might have been made to upgrade to latest from information we have on the site. I would check what @Adriano Faria mentioned with the PHP compatibility test first. Then move on to ensure everything is functioning as it should. If all is good, try going to /admin/upgrade afterwards to see if there is an upgrade available.

Thanks for the help.  Running that file says 

• You are not running a compatible version of PHP. You need PHP 8.0.0 or above (8.0.0 or above recommended). You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for an upgrade.

Checking my control panel and I am already on 8.1?  I changed it to 8.2 and no change.

Any other thoughts?

5 minutes ago, INDMAS said:

Thanks for the help.  Running that file says 

• You are not running a compatible version of PHP. You need PHP 8.0.0 or above (8.0.0 or above recommended). You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for an upgrade.

Checking my control panel and I am already on 8.1?  I changed it to 8.2 and no change.

Any other thoughts?

If that script says that you are not running php 8, then you aren't. What panel did you check? Can you post a screenshot? Do you have cPanel?

Did you try to upgrade your forum as mentioned above? I am asking because in your first post here you said:

20 hours ago, INDMAS said:

To my knowledge, nothing has been updated/changed.

That is something that should have been mentioned if that was indeed the case imo.

Edited by Miss_B

Whatever you are changing there, its not changing it on your site unfortunately. So something is overriding your change or its being changed in the wrong place. You would need to contact your hosting provider to confirm which this is

Thanks for the help - I pointed that out to the webhost and he was like OH, there was an issue in the htaccess file, and now the site is up and running.  Ugh, frustrating because I started out with their support and they quickly told me to go to invision support lol.

Speaking of - isn't there a SAAS model for this software now where we could ditch our hosting provider and just pay for it to be cloud hosted through invision?  Where would I go to get pricing/details on that and is the "migration" a pain?