Meta Tags and Descriptions Issues (Live Meta Tag Editor generating bad descriptions?)

I was doing some SEO stuff and went into the live meta tag editor to check on keywords and so forth.

I realized that the meta descriptions automatically generated do not have anything to do with the topic, but only features a snippet from the latest response.

Is this normal for it to generate a description from the latest response (may be irrelevant to page)? I think it makes much more sense to generate a description based off the original post since that's generally what the page will be about.

And if this is how it generates the meta description, does that mean I have to go into every topic posted and self-correct?

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2023 at 3:13 PM, Jim M said:

Only the first page of a topic should have a meta description and it will be the first post in the topic.

I've been doing some digging into this lately and it seems something is wrong with my site.

Each topic posted in my community has the latest post for the description and "og:description".

The first post is nowhere to be found in the meta information

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Person

9 hours ago, Joshua Landry said:

I've been doing some digging into this lately and it seems something is wrong with my site.

Each topic posted in my community has the latest post for the description and "og:description".

The first post is nowhere to be found in the meta information

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Person

You would not see this in the meta editor. This is for manually added items

5 minutes ago, Joshua Landry said:

Please remove the requirement for our account to utilize 2FA or ensure that security questions are enabled. 

However, looking at your meta tags which the page is outputting, everything is working as intended with the first post being mentioned in the description tags.

Could contain: Game, Super Mario

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please remove the requirement for our account to utilize 2FA or ensure that security questions are enabled. 

However, looking at your meta tags which the page is outputting, everything is working as intended with the first post being mentioned in the description tags.

Could contain: Game, Super Mario

Sorry about that Marc, it’s configured so admin accounts have to setup 2FA. I’ll see if I can figure out how to remove that for your account

2 minutes ago, Joshua Landry said:

Sorry about that Marc, it’s configured so admin accounts have to setup 2FA. I’ll see if I can figure out how to remove that for your account

Think you meant me, since that's who you quoted 🙂, but you can manage the requirements for 2FA in ACP -> System -> Two Factor Authentication.