Recently Renewed Self-Hosted License, Interested In Cloud

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I recently renewed my self-hosted license, but considering the future with your cloud service, I am considering switching to the cloud. I am building a new community so transferring data over should be simple (mostly a few threads and settings). My biggest question is, can you transfer what I paid last Friday towards a hosting plan? I aim to start with your beginner tier and scale up when necessary. 

For now, I only need the basics, as my focus over the next year will be content only to build up the value of the community. I did already submit a ticket I believe with sales, and I am waiting to hear back.

Other Questions:

• What is the turnaround time for switching to the cloud?
  • Are there any concerns regarding the speed of the cloud (multiple users active at a time)?
  • How would DNS work in regards to e-mail such as Google Workspace if I ever needed it?
  • Lastly, at any point could I go from monthly to yearly in regards to billing?

I look forward to getting started asap. Thanks.

• Solution

These are questions best answered in your sales ticket, however wanted to answer the "Other questions" part

28 minutes ago, iamART said:

What is the turnaround time for switching to the cloud?

It very much depends on the workload we have at the time, and how easily you can get your backups done. Usually though, it can be done pretty quickly

28 minutes ago, iamART said:

Are there any concerns regarding the speed of the cloud (multiple users active at a time)?

The cloud environment scales accordingly. 

29 minutes ago, iamART said:

How would DNS work in regards to e-mail such as Google Workspace if I ever needed it?

If you are using the main domain with us, you would actually point to our nameservers. If you want any additions to your DNS, you simply ticket us and we can add them. This is something we do all the time.

30 minutes ago, iamART said:

Lastly, at any point could I go from monthly to yearly in regards to billing?

You can. You would just drop us a message, and we can make that change at any point