Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null

After waking up this morning to work on our Invision Community, I was greeted by this error instead of our home page:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Member/Member.php:205 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Log/Log.php(107): IPS\_Member::loggedIn() #1 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log() #2 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler() #3 {main} thrown in /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Member/Member.php on line 205

Lines 203-205 of Member.php: 

if ( !static::$loggedInMember->member_id and isset( \IPS\Request::i()->cookie['ipsTimezone'] ) )
            {
                static::$loggedInMember->timezone = \IPS\Request::i()->cookie['ipsTimezone'];
            }

I attempted to access the Admin CP, which threw a different error: (500 Error)
Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: Too many connections in /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Db/Db.php:269 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Db/Db.php(356): IPS\_Db->_establishConnection() #1 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Db/Db.php(487): IPS\_Db->checkConnection() #2 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Db/Db.php(972): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery() #3 /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Session/Admin.php(112): IPS\_Db->replace() #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write() #5 [internal function]: session_write_close() #6 {main} thrown in /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Db/Db.php on line 269

Lines 267-269 of Db.php:

if( $error )
        {
            throw new \IPS\Db\Exception( $error, $errno );
        }

After experiencing a previous problem, we restored a backup of the site from 12AUG2023 yesterday which seemed to fix that issue. Unsure if this is related.

Edited by 173rd Airborne

27 minutes ago, 173rd Airborne said:

Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: Too many connections

This type of error usually happens when more queries are sent to the  database than can be processed. What is the value set for max_connections? That value will show how many concurrent connections the MySql server currently allowing.

27 minutes ago, 173rd Airborne said:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /usr/www/oneseventhird/v3/system/Member/Member.php:205 Stack trace: #0

What version of Ipb and php are you using? I think I've seeing a topic or 2 with this error before where it was mentioned that it was a bug.

Edited by Miss_B

1 hour ago, 173rd Airborne said:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in

Please ensure that you're using the latest release of the software on PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1.

1 hour ago, 173rd Airborne said:

Fatal error: Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: Too many connections in

Please contact your hosting provider as, @Miss_B mentioned, your database is not able to accept the number of connections you're using. You may need to configure your hosting properly or upgrade your package.