Customizable Dashboard

annadaa

is it possible to create a personalized dashboard page for each member according to their group with the relevant content that you want to display:

My subjects
My messages
My events
My courses,
My groups

each member does not want to see a profil, but content related to their needs

we are still late...

THANKS

Edited by annadaa

9 minutes ago, annadaa said:

is it possible to create a personalized dashboard page for each member according to their group with the relevant content that you want to display:

Yes, it is possible through custom coding. However, I am not sure that I understand the dashboard page part. Can you please post a mock up screenshot of what you mean by that? 

Edited by Miss_B

Everything new and recent comes together on the /discover/ page. 

And users have the choice to create a custom version of that page using the “Create New Stream" button:

Could contain: Page, Text

That’s the native and the best way.

It would be possible to create a “dashboard page” with the Pages app and blocks put on it, but then there will be caching issues and users would not be able to customize it. I wouldn’t recommend it.  

Edited by opentype

Thank you for your answers.

To say I no longer use an active site and waiting to finish my digital media for my project.

I then forgot the existing options.

Indeed, I had forgotten the power of Page with widgets. what is more if we also add this plugin for example:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9861-advanced-widget-display-settings/

I would like a page allowing quick access to his groups, his posts, his messages, also allowing to see the last integrated groups, his last subjects, his last messages...

A useful page with useful content according to the member and his group a page 2023 sorry even 2017. as if you access the home page of your banking application

people today are no longer very willing to browse a site, they want everything, right away

not only general content of the site, but especially specific where we could call each of the swidgets "my events" "my messages" ...

The way of doing that at present, as mentioned above, would really be through the activity streams. You can set up streams that will be available to all users too if needed. Please take a look here, which shows more on that

There isnt really a "one page shows all" thing that you are describing there though. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

La façon de le faire actuellement, comme mentionné ci-dessus, serait vraiment par le biais des flux d'activités. Vous pouvez configurer des flux qui seront également disponibles pour tous les utilisateurs si nécessaire. S'il vous plaît jeter un oeil ici, qui montre plus à ce sujet

Il n'y a pas vraiment une choisi "une page montre tout" que vous décrivez là cependant. 

thank you for your interest hoping that it will be done on Invision 5.

I would like that the principal page is not any more the page of the forum, but rather the page of the contents of the member or then according to his group.

moreover the forums can be in full decline, I believe I have read it from a member of the team moreover, but I think that it is necessary to understand that surely it is the forum only where one goes on his page to browse on it to read content talks, etc.

but internet users and communities are not necessarily in decline.

also the forum used in support of a blog article, discussion on a theme, ...

we will always need to quickly find answers to our questions, content for our projects, ask for help on something.

Edited by annadaa