Upgrade 3.4 community to 4.7.12, Page Builder not working.

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Site 1 that I upgraded, Page Builder works just fine.  (But ACP timeout isn't being honored.)

Site 2, Page Builder isn't working.  (But the ACP timeout works just fine.)

I've tried clearing caches, changing the cookie prefix, and using a browser that I usually don't use except to watch Twitch streams and isn't working on there either.  Even checked via another computer and still not working.  (I have removed the custom cookie prefix setting.)

Is there another setting available for rebuilding the content (html/js/etc) that I can try?

32 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I disabled, enabled.  Uninstalled, deleted all custom databases, uploaded all files, installed.

Still not working.

Please try clearing you browser cache. If this doesnt work, I will need to know specifically what page you are trying to edit, as Im seeing no issues

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Close my Incognito window, emptied browser cache, opened it back up, signed in, and then AFTER that, used the link in the ACP to open up the page builder into the Incognito window.  Still not working.  Emptying the browser's cache shouldn't matter when opening a fresh Incognito window (when none are already open), but I did just to be safe.

Also, I may have been wrong about the timeout session being honored.  I'll have to wait to confirm, but this is in the "constants.php" file and the software is definitely able to read it as I had made a change where it provided me with an updated "constants.php" file to use and it verified I had updated it.

\define( 'ACP_SESSION_TIMEOUT', 86400 );

Unfortunately, like my colleague, I am unable to reproduce this. Could I confirm you're logged in on the front-end of your community and in the ACP? Please ensure that both front-end and ACP are on the same account.

57 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I am unable to reproduce this.

On your own install, or have you tried it on mine?  The other site that I updated has it working just fine, so I don't believe it's a bug in the suite.  If it is, it's one that requires certain circumstances to be met in order to be triggered.

58 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could I confirm you're logged in on the front-end of your community and in the ACP?

Same account on both ends, and only on the one site.

Also, just tested the ACP timeout and I think there may be a bug with that, as I have it set to expire after 86,400 seconds (1 day) but it's expiring after only an hour, as it was doing on the other site.  Could you test that as well?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

On your own install, or have you tried it on mine?  The other site that I updated has it working just fine, so I don't believe it's a bug in the suite.  If it is, it's one that requires certain circumstances to be met in order to be triggered.

This would be on your community.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Also, just tested the ACP timeout and I think there may be a bug with that, as I have it set to expire after 86,400 seconds (1 day) but it's expiring after only an hour, as it was doing on the other site.  Could you test that as well?

Please ensure you update your other topic so we can keep this sorted here 😉 

15 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This would be on your community.

To confirm, the one with the active license?  URL is n*.com and not d*.com?

Just tried in Opera, clearing cache and opening a private window, signed in (front and acp), used Page Builder link, and not seeing the ">" except in the middle of the screen where it shows the instructions.

• Solution
Just now, Wolfie said:

To confirm, the one with the active license?  URL is n*.com and not d*.com?

Correct.

Just now, Wolfie said:

Just tried in Opera, clearing cache and opening a private window, signed in (front and acp), used Page Builder link, and not seeing the ">" except in the middle of the screen where it shows the instructions.

Please ensure that your account has the moderator permission to manage the sidebar in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators. Just because you're an administrator does not mean you have permission to manage the sidebar.