Solving Email Bounce due to old email accounts

1. My Email SMTP Provider has notified that our email bounce rate are increasing.

2. We have received a list of bounce emails which we have verified to be from old accounts which for some reasons have abandoned their old emails.
Is there any way we can en-mass turn off emails notifications ?

Thank in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to jump on this topic this has also turned into a major issue for me. I have been running a forum for 19 years and the bounce from non functioning emails has caused me to be black listed on one of the email security sites as a possible spammer. I now have a major drama getting this resolved as half my members now no longer get emails from us. 

IPS said many years ago that they would look into this problem. Which, as you say, can have special impact on old forums. Loads of wasted notification mails. Not only because of extinct email accounts, but also because existing accounts are not active.
We found examples of members that registered more that 10 years earlier, subscribed to our most popular forums, for then never to be seen again.

I read your post, but could not find any 3. party add-on that could be of any help on this matter. Do you have a link?

Why will this forthcoming functionality not be available to self hosting? It's we who pays for our own server who really need to lower this unnecessary load of sending wasted emails.

28 minutes ago, Canis said:

Why will this forthcoming functionality not be available to self hosting?

Because IPS is able to take the feed of bounces/complaints from AWS and write a service that disables email for the relevant account. 

If you’re self hosting, there is not anything to generate that bounce/complaint feed that is consistent across most self hosted platforms.   In fact a majority don’t have any sort of API to query/track bounced mail at all.  

That means doing this in a self hosted setup is impossible to get the input to do what you want them to do. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

2 hours ago, Canis said:

I read your post, but could not find any 3. party add-on that could be of any help on this matter. Do you have a link?

Why will this forthcoming functionality not be available to self hosting? It's we who pays for our own server who really need to lower this unnecessary load of sending wasted emails.

I believe the other questions, Randy has answered above. However with regard 3rd party solutions, this for example is one I can see in there

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/6877-mail-bouncer-automated-bounce-management/