Inexplicable slowness.

sofos
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Although I have a "Grade B" from Gtmetrix the forum is very slow.

Also today it shows the error "This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

In which direction should we investigate?

Could contain: Page, Text, File

The first thing you should do there is to contact your hosting company if your site has suddenly started to slow down. I notice you havent yet upgraded to the latest release, but the reality is, if it was fine before and you havent done anything do it, then it can only really be your hosting company.

Also, I would ask, is this actual slowness, or a number? We often find people chasing numbers on sites such as these, when there are actually no real world problems.

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

actually no real world problems

Thanks Marc. The site started to go down some days ago. To improve, a more powerful VPS was taken, without obtaining results. So a series of optimizations were done, mainly on expires and caching, which took it from Grade E to Grade B. This improved things a bit but still takes 30 seconds to send a post with two lines of text and 20 seconds to switch to a new one page. The provider says everything is fine on his side.

However, the problem remains also "This comment can no longer be edited", I tried to disable mod_security without getting results.

Edited by sofos

• 2 weeks later...