Renewing an expired subscription product

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

This is strange. I have a subscription product (regular product with a renewal term) that is expired. When I click to renew it, a box appears asking how many months I want to renew it for? I want the customer to be charged month after month unless they cancel their plan.

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Electronics, Monitor, Screen

I definitely don't want the default to just charge them one month.

I set the term to three months and pressed continue:

Could contain: Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text

Will the customer be automatically charge on March 11, and every month after?

• Solution
12 minutes ago, Interferon said:

But renewals will continue to be charged automatically, unless the user cancels? The user won't have to continue manually renewing their subscription?

Renewals always happen unless a user cancels or it expires. Automatic payment would only happen if the user has a payment method on file that is capable of automatic payment. 

• 1 month later...

Why do subscriptions expire on products can you clarify?  I have a group of memberships and no invoice is made, and then I lose the customer or they email me and ask why they lost access.  Is it set by the grace period when I make a product?  I never want the purchase to expire unless they cancel.  Can you lend some insight, please?  How can this be changed?

Thanks

KS

Could contain: Page, Text

28 minutes ago, Keith Smith_105067 said:

Why do subscriptions expire on products can you clarify?  I have a group of memberships and no invoice is made, and then I lose the customer or they email me and ask why they lost access.  Is it set by the grace period when I make a product?  I never want the purchase to expire unless they cancel.  Can you lend some insight, please?  How can this be changed?

Thanks

KS

Could contain: Page, Text

If you have setup a renewing product or subscription, they would automatically renew unless the user does not make payment or cancels. If you are seeing otherwise, we would need to know the member ID or display name in question.

13 minutes ago, Keith Smith_105067 said:

However, extending the grace period would allow them a bit of latitude, correct, and not expire the subscription.  

Correct. The grace period will allow x days for it to continue while they pay the invoice which has been generated but will expire after that timeframe has been met.