Can't login to AdminCP

rsst

Hi,

I've just set up a new test server last night and installed the latest self-hosted version of IPB. This morning I went to login to the AdminCP and it won't accept my user/password. I can login to the forum and can access ModeratorCP. 

I get the following error:

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

2S119/1 Something went wrong. Please try again.

If anyone can offer any guidance it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Russ

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

10 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply. I've updated that page.

Thanks

Russ

That's my issue. I can't login to AdminCP. I can login into the forum and also have access to Moderator CP. But clicking on AdminCP and entering my user/password I get the above error.

I've just created a new user and changed their member_group_Id to 4 and that doesn't work either.

Have tried that, but still get the following when trying the AdminCP :

(Note: If I enter an incorrect password I still get the same error)

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

2S119/1 Something went wrong. Please try again.
Edited by rsst

Marc,

I installed this copy fresh last night. It worked at the time, I cannot log in today. I wanted to do a test conversion on a new server away from a live site.

I have a very established (>16 years) site running on XenForo that I was looking to move across to IPB.

If you won't offer support, this does not fill me with confidence that making this move would be a wise choice for us.

Edited by rsst

Sorry, there seems to be some confusion. This is certainly not the case, and we do indeed offer support on our live product. We would not offer support test installs. However, in this scenario, of course we would assist. Please bear with me while I take a look.

In the meantime, has anythign at all changed since last night?

Please clear your browser cache entirely, and ensure you are going to only /admin/ in your browser. I am logged in with the details you have provided with no issue at all there

Thanks Marc, I installed Firefox and managed to log in OK, so there must be something in Chrome cache that's causing the problem.

I appreciate the difference between supporting test and live sites. But for people like us, with established forums on other platforms it's crucial that we are able to perform test runs before migrating a live site.

My other question was your documentation points towards converting another platform's data and that this data needs to be on the same server.

Currently I have taken on another server with a different host and would like to test import the data away from the live site. Is this possible? 

37 minutes ago, rsst said:

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Does IPB keep the existing XF file system structure or will it create a copy as it converts? Will I need double the disk space?

Conversions copy data from your source dataset, it does not change it in anyway. So yes, make sure you've got enough disk space!