problem with tags

OptimusBain
Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Hello there,

I am not sure whether this is an issue with the Radical Tags plugin I am using or IPS. I contacted the developer as well, but I wanted to know whether this could be an issue with IPS. I cannot rename tags in batches so I have been using Radical Tags plugin for a long time.

I am having a serious problem with it now. I renamed a couple of tags that had more than 50 related topics. I see the tags are changed in all the topics, that's great. However, if I click on any topic with the changed tag, the stream will NOT display any topic, just an error. No results. This is only happening when I rename the tag when using Radical Tags. As I said, the developer has been notified, just wanted to know if this could be another thing related to IPS software. I am using 4.7.4.

The tags exist in IPS, so shouldn't they be listed in the streams regardless of what it changed/renamed them?

See attachment after renaming the tag. 0 results.

Thanks a lot

Could contain: Page, Text

I had to rename the tag again to its original status... and now I can see the list of related topics. Is this an issue with the plugin or an issue with IPS?

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by OptimusBain

Update in this issue.

1. When the renamed tag is clicked, it won't show any results.
  2. However, when I edit a topic and try to add the renamed tag, it will work. 
  3. When a new topic is written and the newly renamed tag is used, the topic WILL appear in the streams

The NEW and renamed tag is available in the system, but if the tag was renamed the stream will NOT display any topics with the renamed tag.

I guess this is an issue with IPS and not the plugin. But I am not a programmer. Could you please help?

Thanks

Edited by OptimusBain