Club permissions should be integrated with built-in user group permissions

OptimusBain

Hello,

Currently, the Clubs are not integration with the built-in user group permissions in the forums. Anyone can request to join a club or see the club if the club has been configured that way.

The only way to NOT SHOW the club and prevent users from joining is by hiding them and making them private 😞 However, that's not the solution.

ACP has user groups that are used for products and subscriptions. Why aren't they used for clubs as well? It makes no sense.

I've been trying to find how to change the Club permissions so that ONLY certain user groups can see the clubs or even request to join the club. I just can't find it. It looks like the user groups are not integrated with the Clubs.

I've created a few Clubs and I want these clubs:

• To be invisible to certain user groups
  • Or IF a member within USER GROUP X tries to request to join the club, he will be rejected because his user group is NOT allowed to join
  • A user that tries to join a club for which he has not permissions (user group) will see a custom notice like "You are not allowed to join. You need this product to join". Something like that

Right now, many users are requesting to join the clubs I have created but I do NOT want everyone to join or even request it. I want members to see there are a bunch of clubs but only those with the right USER GROUP (product-wise) will be able to join or request to join the club. Why? In these clubs, we will discuss information where certain (user groups) should not be allowed to read or contribute because they do not have the permissions (privilege) 😞

There is no way to select which user groups can view or join the clubs 😞 It makes no sense. Now, everyone can request to join the club, some user groups should not even see them. There is a lot of admin work rejecting users to request to join a club they cannot join.

Hopefully you can work a bit more on the Clubs application to fully integrate it with USER GROUPS. Below is what is available now. There is no way to integrate it with the user groups.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

so that ONLY certain user groups can see the clubs or even request to join the club.

You can restrict by groups in the ACP -> System -> Applications -> click in System to expand -> Clubs -> click in padlock and deselect the groups you DO NOT want them to access/view Clubs.

This will reflect in the whole Clubs module. It will be like if Clubs doesn’t exists for these users.

Edited by Adriano Faria

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can restrict by groups in the ACP -> System -> Applications -> click in System to expand -> Clubs -> click in padlock and deselect the groups you DO NOT want them to access/view Clubs.

This will reflect in the whole Clubs module. It will be like if Clubs doesn’t exists for these users.

But I want all user groups to see the variety of gorups they will have access to? My community is a paid community. Users need to see whet there is. Another thing is to have the privileges to join the clubs.

Right now it's either you hide them completely or you let everyone request to join, this generating unnecessary administrator work to reject club join requests all the time.

It’s by design. The whole point of clubs is that they are user-centered. Users can create them at will, other users can join and leave at will. The club type defines how that goes. That’s it. This leads to various issues and there is lots of room for improvement, but I don’t think club types + group permission will come anytime soon.