Moderator-CP -> Reported Content broken after Update to 4.7.4

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

After updating the community to 4.7.4 the reported content section in the moderator-cp was broken. Some items missing and a lot of them seemd to have been deleted. The admins instead could see and read everything.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Solved it by deleting the moderators, adding them all again and restricting the rights afterwards.

Not such a big fuss, but quite annoying.

I ran into a problem while updating too, because php80-zlib was missing:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Monitor, Screen, Hardware, Electronics, Computer Hardware

This surely was my fault, but I would very much appreciate, if the installation and updating procedures would check, if all modules they need are installed, before throwing such an annoying error midst in the updating process.

Solved it by installing the module, restarting php-fpm, clicking on the step1 in the browser and reloading the page. It started making the update without any other problems.

Sorry to hear you were having issues on the update with your moderator CP. I am not seeing that on my end, but will do some testing to see if I can replicate.

With the upgrade part of things, if you change a PHP version, you would need to check to ensure you have the minimum requirements for the software after doing this. It would eventually be picked up in the admin CP, and would at times even break the software. However these are already minimum requirements even before the upgrade

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

if you change a PHP version, you would need to check to ensure you have the minimum requirements for the software after doing this.

That's the problem I have again and again. I forget, what modules are must-haves and there were no errors reported regarding the missing zlib module, i was quite astonished. So i would very much appreciate a "check it you idiot" list of those modules in each installation and update process. Could be simple text, if you ask me, but a great reminder for idiots like me. 😉 🤡

My post was just for sharing the info, because i always like sharing and being shared those things and most of the time, it's the one before the screen. 

• Solution

Any time you upgrade PHP, I'd recommend running this compatibility script: 

This way no need to remember which specific modules are required, etc... This will run before the upgrader but often things break prior to that if you're missing something that the upgrader itself requires.