Do Not Disable Advertisements

So I do not consider any banner Advertisements that just show a PNG or GIF and a link to a site that do not have any HTML should have any affect to the upgrade process all the images are locally stored and they only have a url to open a link. It turns out during a recent upgrade ALL of my advertisements were turned off. And now I had to spend time to figure out who needed to remain off and who needed to be restored.  If you must disable them during the update process PLEASE log somewhere which once were disabled (timestamped) and then offer us ability to restore the advertisements that were disabled during the process. 

The October release would disable any third party applications/plugins which are not compatible with PHP 8. You can re-enable them if you wish though. If you performed that upgrade, this would be expected and you'll need to enable those which are compatible with your release. If before this, you have third party applications/plugins sitting disabled on your community for some time, I'd suggest uninstalling them.

But if during reviewing tickets it is standard practice that IPS disables everything (including advertisements) anytime this is performed all affected items really need to be logged somewhere.

Trying to figure out ads that were turned off for a reason or that have expired it is near impossible to look at an ad unit and know without a lot of ACP acrobatics if the subscription is current and paid, or if the ad is an in house ad with out an attached subscription. I consider ads no different the content, granted if you injecting HTML yea that makes sense why you'd want it to be disabled.

Please add logging for such actions. 

Our team would utilize the Support tool to disable third party items. If the re-enable was missed, our apologies there. However, as mentioned, I just wanted to mention that these items would be disabled in the upgrade.

In regards, to logging, please add this to the Feature Suggestion forum for further evaluation.