Subscription Discounts for Annual Purchase

Mike Gholson

Hi all,

I currently use month-to-month pricing for my subscriptions.  I would like to provide an option to provide a discount if the user wants to pay for an annual membership.  Is there an option for this in the subscription system?  It would look something like this:

1. Subscription 1 - $5/mo or $60 $50/year (discounted)
  2. Subscription 2 - $10/mo or $120 $100/year (discounted)

Trick is, I want to keep these as the same subscription.  I realize I could add more subscriptions with the annual rate but I want to keep it simple for users.

Mike

Just now, Jim M said:

This is not possible via Subscriptions but available via Products so you would want to switch to Products if this is a requirement.

Thanks Jim.  Is this on the roadmap?  I don't want to swap over as I already have a lot of people using subscriptions.  FYI, we are a car club and the subscription system fits us better than the products feature.

The one confusing thing about products is the item for sale is required to be contained within a category.  This means the user needs to pick a category (even if there's only one) when entering the products area.  It would be easier to just have a root-level set of products

4 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

Thanks Jim.  Is this on the roadmap?  I don't want to swap over as I already have a lot of people using subscriptions.  FYI, we are a car club and the subscription system fits us better than the products feature.

The one confusing thing about products is the item for sale is required to be contained within a category.  This means the user needs to pick a category (even if there's only one) when entering the products area.  It would be easier to just have a root-level set of products

You’re more than welcome to put any suggestions in our Feature Suggestion forum for further evaluation 🙂