Shared Login Detector

Is the app checking done automatedly on every user then signed in since the installation of the app?
If the user is registered before i install the app and then again after, will the app recognize it automatically?

Edited by LiveG
1 hour ago, LiveG said:

Is the app checking done automatedly on every user then signed in since the installation of the app?

Yes, that is correct. 

1 hour ago, LiveG said:

If the user is registered before i install the app and then again after, will the app recognize it automatically?

Yes, all logins after the installation of the app will be stored automatically for any user regardless of their registrations time. 

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't proving too useful to us as it currently works, unfortunately.

As it only sets the cookie when the user logs in, it's setting very few as most users just stay logged in for a long period. It also doesn't pick up new registrations as they log in either.

Also, although it's not as useful as the cookie detection method, the ip method isn't using the x-forwarded ip if that is used on the forum, so gives most users the same IP on our community.

5 hours ago, Dll said:

As it only sets the cookie when the user logs in, it's setting very few as most users just stay logged in for a long period.

You can truncate the session table if you want so all users will be log out autmatically and they must log in again.

5 hours ago, Dll said:

It also doesn't pick up new registrations as they log in either.

New registrations will be detected on their second log in. This app scans and stores the data from the log in form.

5 hours ago, Dll said:

the ip method isn't using the x-forwarded ip if that is used on the forum

I am using the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to get users ip addresses, which contains the real IP address of the connecting party. That is the most reliable value you can find. 

That being said, if someone logs in through a proxy server, the proxy may have set the $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'].

I will look into making some changes in that regard.

Thank you for your feeback 😊

Thanks for your reply @Miss_B - to be honest it's not feasible for us to log all of our users out, ideally it would be good to set the cookie not just on login, but if an existing user posts and they don't already have the cookie set. And, without it setting a cookie at the point of registration, it's going to be of limited benefit for us.

I'd be happy to consider paying for a custom build of this to include those options, if that's an option? Please pm me if it is. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LiveG said:

But i didn't needed this app if I knew which user to look for!

This app is supposed to give me indications for duplication, not to make my life harder. 

You don't expect the admin to overlook 50 + pages to find duplication, right? 

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. The app lists the duplications as shown in the screenshots. i.e. it does give you indications for duplications.

You say that you have 43 pages, that means that a lot of login details have been shared. And yes, you will have to check them all if you want to see who is sharing the login details. 

I mentioned the search option if you had a specific member in mind that you wanted to check. 

5 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

You say that you have 43 pages, that means that a lot of login details have been shared. And yes, you will have to check them all if you want to see who is sharing the login details.  

That's not correct. 
I have 43 pages; some of the rows indicate login from only one user, and it's okay. Some rows have two users; this is bad.
Do you expect me to start over looking at 900 rows and find the duplications?

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

Edited by LiveG
1 minute ago, LiveG said:

That's not correct. 
I have 43 pages; some of the rows indicate login from only one user, and it's okay. Some rows have two users; this is bad.
Do you expect me to start over looking at 900 rows and find the duplications?

The app queries its database table and displays the results only if more than one account is found sharing the log in details. Having 2 users or more in a row is not bad at all because the names listed in the row are the accounts that have shared the log in info which is the whole purpose/idea. 

Anyways, I can not reproduce this myself, nor does anyone else has reported such a thing.

I can take a look at this, but I would need access to your Admin Panel. 

17 minutes ago, LiveG said:

"bad" means that i understand it's a duplicate user that I have to take care of. 
What are you trying to reproduce? I didn't understand.
Is something in the app not performing well?

Not at all. The app performs very well, even if I may say so myself.

What I meant by not reproducing, as previously mentioned, is the results displaying only one user. Results will always display more than one user.

• 1 month later...