Transferred forum and now stuck with archive problem

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

So I've spent all day transferring over to a VPS using Plesk and can only have one database per site.

I had a seperate archive on the last host and trying to merge it into the normal database now, I obviously hit this error?

Error at the line 84: ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Query: --
--
CREATE TABLE `ibf_forums_archive_posts` (
`archive_id` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_author_id` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_author_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`archive_ip_address` varchar(46) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`archive_content_date` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_content` mediumtext DEFAULT NULL,
`archive_queued` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
`archive_topic_id` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_is_first` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_bwoptions` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_attach_key` char(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`archive_html_mode` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_show_signature` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_show_emoticons` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_show_edited_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_edit_time` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_edit_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`archive_edit_reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`archive_added` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_restored` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_forum_id` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`archive_field_int` int(10) DEFAULT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

MySQL: Table 'ibf_forums_archive_posts' already exists

As the archive is only 2 tables, is there a change I could make easily and try and dump it back in again?

Any ideas because there is about a million posts missing. I removed the create tables and just left the 'insert' to add to current, but there is more columns in sql file than the`ibf_forums_archive_posts` has. 'signature' for one.

MySQL: Unknown column '' in 'field list'

10 minutes ago, LemonGrenade said:

Yes I can, but I think I'll be in the same boat with the errors.

It should be fine.  Import the database in the dummy account. In IPB, choose it’s a remote database. You can leave the host as “localhost” since it’s on the same physical machine. Just provide the correct database username/pass, and table name. 

You’re not merging databases. You’re simply keeping what is already setup. 

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would simply restore the archive database to the same database as your live database, then you would need to ensure your archive database setting point to your main database

That was the issue though Marc. The Archive had extra fields in there per the error in the opening post and so couldn't be added to the main database tables.

So if I turn off the archive within ACP, it just won't sent topics to archive any longer and only just call from that db if someone clicks into an archived topic? It won't re-populate if I change the archived db to the usual one?

It basically all comes down to the Plesk setting of having only one db per website. @Randy Calvert that was a great idea but with a few other issues on the transfer, I've set it back to the original host.

17 minutes ago, LemonGrenade said:

That was the issue though Marc. The Archive had extra fields in there per the error in the opening post and so couldn't be added to the main database tables.

So if I turn off the archive within ACP, it just won't sent topics to archive any longer and only just call from that db if someone clicks into an archived topic? It won't re-populate if I change the archived db to the usual one?

It basically all comes down to the Plesk setting of having only one db per website. @Randy Calvert that was a great idea but with a few other issues on the transfer, I've set it back to the original host.

If you've gone back to the original host, turn off archiving and bring it back all into a single database.  Once done, you can move it back to the new location and setup archiving again, but just telling it to put it into a different table.  

• Solution

Just turn off archiving.  It will bring it back for you.

Could contain: Text, Page, Document

When you turn it off, you'll see:

Could contain: Text

Choose to restore topics that don't match the new archive settings.  

Remember...  this does not happen real-time, so it may take a few days to do.  It's done in small batches in the background.  

Edited by Randy Calvert