Different time for Guest and Members

14 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you go to the support area of your admin CP, are you seeing any warnings about the server time being incorrect? If so, its likely this that is causing your issues

Server time is correct.

Could contain: Text, Page

If server time is incorrect then why this showing time in IST for members ?

Edited by Pushpendra Singh Chauhan

29 minutes ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Server time is correct.

If server time is incorrect then why this showing time in IST for members ?

This is what Im trying to determine here. Could you also let me know if this is happening for everyone? Im actually having problems with even connecting to your site at present as Im just getting timeout from your server

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is what Im trying to determine here. Could you also let me know if this is happening for everyone? Im actually having problems with even connecting to your site at present as Im just getting timeout from your server

For administrator/logged in members it's showing time in IST but for guests it's showing in GMT for all documents.

Actually the website is geofenced so you may check through vpn.

Pls help this is a very critical issues for me as this is a government site

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is happening to all our websites. Since the above site is geofenced you may check my other site

https://ecisveep.nic.in/files/file/2050-prints/

While I am logged in this is showing 

Could contain: Text, Page, Label

While using as a guest this is showing

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Do you have Guest page caching enabled? If so, is it caching the page with a user who is not GMT? Can try clearing cache then immediately visiting the page as a guest to see if this is caching in the application.

Yes 5 guest minutes cache is enabled. But I tried to clear cache many times but nothing happened. It's still showing time in GMT for guests. 

Since site is geofenced all my users/guest visiters are on IST. 

2 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

The default timezone for PHP is UTC regardless of what your local time is set on the server. Have you checked your php.ini to make sure timezone is set to the correct one?

I believe it’s should be set to the following for India:

date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata

No this was left as default only server time was setted to IST. Added this in php.ini but nothing happened. 

If this is the reason why this is showing IST to logged in uses and GMT to guests?

15 minutes ago, Pushpendra Singh Chauhan said:

Yes 5 guest minutes cache is enabled. But I tried to clear cache many times but nothing happened. It's still showing time in GMT for guests. 

Since site is geofenced all my users/guest visiters are on IST. 

Could I confirm you and your users have IST set for their OS/browser? The time zone is set from the OS/browser level if the time zone cookie is not set. If there is a change and you're viewing your community as a guest without the time zone cookie, it would revert back to your OS/browser level.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Could I confirm you and your users have IST set for their OS/browser? The time zone is set from the OS/browser level if the time zone cookie is not set. If there is a change and you're viewing your community as a guest without the time zone cookie, it would revert back to your OS/browser level.

Yes the time zone is correct(IST) at browser/os level. I checked on multiple desktops.

I would advise disabling any third party applications/plugins and switching to an unmodified theme then testing this again, with the cache clear. Unfortunately, as you are restricting us from accessing, this will be hard to troubleshoot as it is not something which we can reproduce here.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Server caching, more than caching that is added there. We need to find what is the common item here.

Should I remove to test to remove guest cache?

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Also are you using any VPN your end?

Yes we use VPN to access server, that can't be shared as per policy. I can share whatever files do you require or show on any communication plateform like GMeet.

Should I give you ACP account access?

Today I installed a fresh version on localhost the same thing happening here ie IST for logged in users GMT for guests. I guess this is a bug and should be tested by development team once.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:01 PM, Randy Calvert said:

I just tested this in a vanilla IPB install...  it does not have a problem in a fresh/clean setup.

@Randy Calvert thanks you tried this. I just try on a fresh installation on localhost my php version is 7.4.29. Made ACP General Configuration entry- Physical Address: India. Checked php.ini there is 

[Date]
date.timezone=Asia/Kolkata

Now I uploaded file on 22:02 IST and this is showing file uploaded time 17:32 that is  -5:30. means showing same for guest and logged in user but not showing in IST.

Could contain: Text, Page, DocumentCould contain: Text, Page

I checked php.info there date.timezone : Asia/Kolkata but showing Default timezone: UTC I am sure this is  the problem.

Could contain: Label, Text, Word, Number, Symbol, Page, Plot

I tried to change Default timezone to IST but could not succeed. Is there any more place for setting this rather then php.in.

Please suggest.