Polls (Support Topic)

Oh wow, this looks really interesting @Kirill Gromov!

I use Polls Walls at the moment and explain Polls has a key feature on its own, but we still don't get too many polls because there are quite hard to create via simple posts on a phone (because the tabs aren't obvious and so much info is needed for one poll).

How does this work then...is it essentially the Polls part without having to write anything for a new topic? Does it also show 'Create Poll' in the button 'Create New Content'?

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How does this work then...is it essentially the Polls part without having to write anything for a new topic? Does it also show 'Create Poll' in the button 'Create New Content'?

Hello, yes, you can create a poll without linking to any content item! This is the main task that faced the development of this application. And yes, you can create a new poll from the menu + Create

Could contain: Text, Page, File

is it possible to have an iframe style embed to include it on external pages as well? as happens with youtube or sofascore embeds (example):

<iframe width="100%" height="206" src="https://www.sofascore.com/event/10640509/attack-momentum/embed" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  <div style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><a href="https://www.sofascore.com/ajax-napoli/oebsdjb" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
          Ajax - Napoli Live Score
        </a></div>

18 minutes ago, Askancy said:

is it possible to have an iframe style embed to include it on external pages as well? as happens with youtube or sofascore embeds (example):

<iframe width="100%" height="206" src="https://www.sofascore.com/event/10640509/attack-momentum/embed" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  <div style="font-size:12px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif"><a href="https://www.sofascore.com/ajax-napoli/oebsdjb" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">
          Ajax - Napoli Live Score
        </a></div>

Hello, unfortunately no, there is no such option.

15 hours ago, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, yes, you can create a poll without linking to any content item! This is the main task that faced the development of this application. And yes, you can create a new poll from the menu + Create

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Thanks Kirill!

Can you just confirm how the system sees these polls please?

The reason I ask is that for polls I have set up numerous badges and Achievements for them so I would hope/assume that the system identifies these polls as a poll in the database so it would trigger my Achievements all set up - would you agree?

4 minutes ago, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, @GazzaGarratt!

What page are you talking about?

Apologies if I wasn't being clear. What I mean is when this is installed, will I be able to link to a 'Page' to see all the Polls and nothing else?

Thats what the Polls Wall does right now as I have a hyperlink directed people to the 'Polls' page so it looks separate from the Forum pages, even though I know they are just technically forum posts.

Hope this makes more sense? Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Morning @Kirill Gromov, looks like I bought it thinking this was a page that brings in all polls....but it doesn't show any existing polls on this page?

Are these polls that IPS recognise? As in a forum post with a poll? It will break my structure if its seen as anything else unfortunately.

Hello, thank you for your purchase!

The application has its own polls functionality and, accordingly, contains only its own polls!
There is an app from another developer to show all polls - Polls Wall, but I can add a setting in the admin center to show all polls at all, if you need!

11 minutes ago, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, thank you for your purchase!

The application has its own polls functionality and, accordingly, contains only its own polls!
There is an app from another developer to show all polls - Polls Wall, but I can add a setting in the admin center to show all polls at all, if you need!

Oh man, that would be amazing if you could!

Main reason is i've used Polls Wall for a long time and reviewing our Applications as part of the latest software update, I don't believe it will be kept updated any longer and I would rather invest in yours as yours does far more than that one in the way you can create polls - in some ways you've answered an IPS question they asked the community a while back on how to improve the polls function!

I'll explain to our members that the existing will show on the page at some point in the future when you have the next update out (if possible) and we can hopefully start using your way of doing the polls now!

Last question for now....if this ever had to be removed/lose this app, will the polls stay on the website as effectively forum posts with polls? I assume so as you must be using the Poll settings in the IPS core?

Edited by GazzaGarratt
22 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think polls are hitting the activity feed @Kirill Gromov. Also, don't think the system is picking up that its a poll either which will break our achievements unfortunately. Any chance you can take a look when you get chance please? Thanks

Hello, In the next version, I will add polls to activity feeds.

What issue with achievements are you talking about?

On 10/18/2022 at 4:22 PM, Kirill Gromov said:

What issue with achievements are you talking about?

Actually, I need a few more polls from users using your poll system to see if they don't pop.

I have basic Achievement rules set up on the back on 'New poll created' and also if they vote on polls. I'm searching for clarification as to the IPS system recognises your polls as official polls so these rules will still work. I assume they will but I wanted to get confirmation if so.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Page, Word Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

I'm also thinking @Kirill Gromov that once you update the app with all other polls, if a member creates a poll in the IPS standard way, it will show on the Poll page?

I'm updating today, so if you can let me know when the next update of this is out that would be great so i can manage member expectations.

Thank you!

Hello, @GazzaGarratt!

The application uses a core poll table, so most likely Achievement rules should work correctly, but this has not been tested.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:04 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm also thinking @Kirill Gromov that once you update the app with all other polls, if a member creates a poll in the IPS standard way, it will show on the Poll page?

I'm updating today, so if you can let me know when the next update of this is out that would be great so i can manage member expectations.

I think i will update it next week!

Hi @Kirill Gromov, just while I wait for the update I tried to do a Poll via the standard IPS way - and it seemed to not show it all! 😅 Seems to be having a conflict with your poll system at the moment.

When I do create a new one however, just a few things i've noticed:

• Comments aren't possible, even though the AdminCP on groups show they should be able to:

Could contain: Text

• Struggling to embed poll into an existing forum topic post. When I share the link, it doesn't embed as expected. Arguably, once you've updated this one to allow comments and show in the Activity Feed, I hopefully won't need a separate topic because they can see, vote and also comment on them 🙂
22 hours ago, Kirill Gromov said:

Hello, @GazzaGarratt! you can open the voters view in a new browser window and then you will most likely see an error!

Unfortunately Kirill i'm not sure what you mean here. I clicked the selection points highlighted on the screenshot below and opened them in a new tab but they didn't show anything different. Virtually all of them blank apart from sometimes showing one where I voted but couldn't see anyone else's name. Its definitely different behaviour to polls that wee created before and outside of this application (see lower screenshot).

Hope this info helps work out what seems to be the issue 🙂

Should see 2 voters on this one but nothing shows up.

On my selection it shows my name but should be 2 others

See other screenshot below of working Poll from standard way before Application was installed:

• 2 months later...

Happy New Year @Kirill Gromov, hope you had a good one.

Just checking in to see if any of the above will be resolved at all soon? I'm likely to switch back to the Polls Wall at the moment, only because whilst this application is far superior in creating the Polls to anything else, unfortunately the interaction after creation isn't there. If members can't comment, see who voted and much else on the overall polls page, it doesn't attract people into that section i'm afraid.

Let us know your thoughts on it please as clearly would love to try and use your application if possible 🙂