Slowness - Sending PM's

AlexJ

This is sometimes consistent and few times random.. When I try to send PM.. and click on Submit reply, screen gets stuck on below view:

" Saving ... "

Could contain: Text, Electronics

Now, if i refresh the page, technically PM is already sent. How to figure out where the issue is coming from?

PS I did tried disabling ALL custom stuff, issue persist. Yes, we use Cloudflare. 

Are you seeing any issues with delayed actions that relate to sending email on your community? This would be my guess here. The email being sent for the message notification is delaying the submit action to fully complete. However, when you reload, since it already was submitted to the database, it is there.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you seeing any issues with delayed actions that relate to sending email on your community? This would be my guess here. The email being sent for the message notification is delaying the submit action to fully complete. However, when you reload, since it already was submitted to the database, it is there.

How to confirm that delay in email? Need some help their. I use amazon email service.

Edited by AlexJ

9 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

How to confirm that the delay in email? Need some help their. I use amazon email service.

You would need to check this connection from your server with your hosting provider, I'm afraid. You would want to see what is happening with that connection if there is a delay.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to check this connection from your server with your hosting provider, I'm afraid. You would want to see what is happening with that connection if there is a delay.

For connection, I can tell you their is zero delay. I host on dedicated server and their is no spike in network latency. 

Now where is slowness:

1. IPB -> Amazon

2. Amazon to IPS - ACK / NACK (Email send send or denied)

Can you share detail on how underlying architecture works, so we can investigate it. 

21 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

For connection, I can tell you their is zero delay. I host on dedicated server and their is no spike in network latency. 

Now where is slowness:

1. IPB -> Amazon

2. Amazon to IPS - ACK / NACK (Email send send or denied)

Can you share detail on how underlying architecture works, so we can investigate it. 

You would need to evaluate this as an SMTP connection. As that is all that the software is performing. 

Alternatively, instead of going down a rabbit hole on assumption of an email delay...bring up the developer tools in the browser, and see what is reported back when you click to submit. The action performed is an ajax request (because it is a reply, as opposed to a full form submit) and the normally expected result would be the content of what you submitted so that page then refreshes to show that.

If an error is displayed (in the response to the submit) then work from there. If no error, then crack on looking elsewhere (such as an email notification delay)