4.7.2 with manual upgrade

abobader

This on test site.

As I had problem since beta 6, and released as well for 4.7.2, I just now upload latest 4.7.2 release files and done the update to get latest patch, result is this:

Could contain: Text, Page, File

As well reporting missing IPS APPS like downloads and gallery (this start since 4.7.2 beta):

An app contains a hook that extends \IPS\downloads\File but it's associated file /home/********/***/testipb.****.tv/public_html/community/applications/downloads/sources/File/File.php could not be found.

An app contains a hook that extends \IPS\downloads\Category but it's associated file /home/********/***/testipb.****.tv/public_html/community/applications/downloads/sources/Category/Category.php could not be found.

An app contains a hook that extends \IPS\gallery\Image but it's associated file /home/********/***/testipb.****.tv/public_html/community/applications/gallery/sources/Image/Image.php could not be found.

I report the above to IPS support by email.

I think I allowed to say this: This 4.7.2 from beta to release is somehow rushed and almost as a alpha released, sorry IPS, but it look like that.

I know it a hard word, but really, I am running this on a test site, wonder how other feels whom done this on their live sites.

I know IPS trying as hard as they could to fix all the matters in this release.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. This is certainly not the case. Its been in beta a number of weeks. Its simply thrown up some issues that were neither intended or expected unfortunately.

With the reporting of apps that dont exist, thats intentional on the first release as its quite sensitive at present. We are toning that down for the next release. You can safely ignore those. 

• 2 weeks later...

This can have several reasons.

The most common one I saw were:

• PHP Timeout
  • Running into a PHP Memorylimit
  • Gateway timeout caused by Cloudfront or Cloudflare if you're using one of these services 

Unfortunately the scanner will run into trouble once there are too many 3rd party resources (or really big ones which ship with few big libraries)