Upgrade 4.7.2 Error [[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may

I have one more plugin/app that I cannot uninstall that seems to be interfering with my community. I've written to the developer and they say that IPS support has to do the uninstall. This is so frustrating constantly being stuck between two services that keep passing the responsibility off to others. What can I do? My site is almost unusable.

20 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Why would IPS uninstall something provided by a third party?  They don’t know how it was setup, what changes the third party did to the database, etc.

That does not make sense and is a cop out answer honestly. 

It's really frustrating. I don't know what to do.

My site is completely unusable because there is no way to uninstall an app that is incompatible with PHP8. The original developer says they are not going to help. "If uninstalling Member Map fails, that's something IPS staff would need to look at. Or temporarily switch back to PHP7.4 if that helps in getting it removed." 

When I told them IPS said I needed to ask the developer to help, they said "I was afraid that would be their answer, but I'm not gonna patch an app...."

So my community is losing interactivity and engagement because every page loads as broken and ugly and requires multiple refreshes to be readable. 

I feel so defeated. I don't know what to do. 

Edited by Vegan Gaymer

7 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I'm on a cloud plan. I have no idea if or how to do this. The error is a launch onto a page that says it cannot load. 

Aha i am not sure about how things work on cloud plan...

Though checked the addon, the code seems okay for PHP8 but seems like the hooks are not compatible with latest version of IPS. (I have not tried installing it, only read a little of code in my free time). Thats the only reason i think it's crashing the system.

Anyway, IPS team should be able to help you Or ask them to revert to an old backup where everything was correct and then uninstall the non essential add-ons and upgrade the forum.

1 hour ago, JustinHawk said:

Aha i am not sure about how things work on cloud plan...

Though checked the addon, the code seems okay for PHP8 but seems like the hooks are not compatible with latest version of IPS. (I have not tried installing it, only read a little of code in my free time). Thats the only reason i think it's crashing the system.

Anyway, IPS team should be able to help you Or ask them to revert to an old backup where everything was correct and then uninstall the non essential add-ons and upgrade the forum.

This is so kind of you to take time to check this out. Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.

39 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I've created a ticket on this issue, someone will address it as soon as they are able.

Thank you, Mark! I am so sorry to be a pain. I wish I could fix it myself, but I don't know how. Your help is tremendously appreciated.